What gear and pouch type is hung from your belt?

Hi Thomas,

Many thanks for the information and encouragement...I am very much at the hand sewing stage and have limited my self to a couple of small builds and a few mods of existing items. My work is let's say "functional" but no where near as professional looking as yours...

Many thanks again,

Peter

Hello Peter your welcome. If there is something I can help with details/techniques regarding one of my builds or what-not just send me a message.

Must be the small photos making my pouches appear better than they looked, but thanks. For functional use the collapsible cargo style pockets were great. The pouches did take a beating for a few years, and a damp cloth cleaned them right up. The last pouch I bundled with the previous detector I sold, and why I'm back to making/modifying another.

Hi Thomas,

Many thanks for the information and encouragement...I am very much at the hand sewing stage and have limited my self to a couple of small builds and a few mods of existing items. My work is let's say "functional" but no where near as professional looking as yours...

Many thanks again,

Peter

Pick up an Awl Stitcher if you're doing hand sewing on heavy stuff without a machine. They are usually used for leather, but I use it to repair belts, canvas, etc. They are really handy to keep around. YouTube will teach you to use it pretty easy

Pick up an Awl Stitcher if you're doing hand sewing on heavy stuff without a machine. They are usually used for leather, but I use it to repair belts, canvas, etc. They are really handy to keep around. YouTube will teach you to use it pretty easy

Great idea! I haven't used one for years, and forgot about them. Since your post I got it ordered and extra thread, set for Wednesday delivery. Many thanks!

I have seen these about but never paid much attention to them..After having a look at a couple of YouTube videos I wish I had bought one years ago!

I have ordered one now and hopefully it will be here ready for my next project....

I have seen these about but never paid much attention to them..After having a look at a couple of YouTube videos I wish I had bought one years ago!

I have ordered one now and hopefully it will be here ready for my next project....

They are great to have around. Definitely awesome for putting back together straps and things for hiking gear and the like. On my first MD belt, I hated having my trowel holster sliding around. Quick stitch with the awl and locked down in place!

When hunting the parks, sidewalks, school yards, etc. I use this fishing vest (Amazon link) with multiple pockets and sneaky storage spots. Plus it's lightweight and breathable!

Attachments

• 81-K68M8ocL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81-K68M8ocL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 640
I started with the cheap shrxy Metal Detecting Finds Bag off Amazon. It has a couple minor issues but overall it's been pretty good. I'm happy with it. But I found that the bag would start sagging as I filled it up so I ordered a construction work belt/suspender setup that came with two pouches as well. So I removed one pouch on the left side and replaced it with the shrxy. Then I put the pouch that I removed and put it on my old belt. So...now I have a dual pouch setup with suspenders that I can wear on days I'm out longer or further from my car so I can carry more stuff and distribute the weight better. The other single pouch is for quick trips or when I'm close to the car and I can quickly unload the pouch as it fills with trash. Or...I have a second belt/pouch that I can load out if I ever have someone detect with me that maybe doesn't have their own setup or forgets/breaks the one they do have.

51yvLJLBfXL._AC_.jpg

81yK39U0SXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I picked one of these for my belt last week. I needed something simple to store my wallet phone and keys in when I am out. This pouch is a great size and holds everything comfortably. Only about $10 shipped. Arrived very quickly and the seller even messaged me to make sure I got it. the picture shows the phone on the outside, but it has multiple pockets inside to safely store everything and zips up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Outdoor-Ta...var=584888639986&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 493
I picked one of these for my belt last week. I needed something simple to store my wallet phone and keys in when I am out. This pouch is a great size and holds everything comfortably. Only about $10 shipped. Arrived very quickly and the seller even messaged me to make sure I got it. the picture shows the phone on the outside, but it has multiple pockets inside to safely store everything and zips up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Outdoor-Ta...var=584888639986&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

That’s a sweet bag. I may have to pick up one of those.

Sure enough. I went to it earlier. Let me see what’s up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've recently added wide suspenders to my utility belt. What a nice diference! More comfort for those of us with rather large waist....with a belly the belt can keep working down every 10 minutes or so. Suspenders made a huge difference.

I picked up this day pack at Walmart last week. It has the MOLLE fastening system along the back and sides. I used it yesterday in the park and I it's awesome. It carries everything I could possibly need when I am out and about away from my truck. I can even put my tool belt in there when hiking between spots. Very comfortable and doesn't get in your way while detecting. I've ordered some adjustable MOLLE straps and I am working on a way to strap the Simplex on there for an upcoming trip that we'll be mountain biking into a search area.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Outdoor-Products-Quest-Backpack-Daypack/36547616?selected=true

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 424
Just received my order a few days ago and am super impressed with these bags! I ordered the Packmule in coyote brown. Well designed and built, it should last for many years!

The many positive posts and reviews I’ve seen on these bags on this site and others are confirmed. Super nice bag!

Ok I just ordered a packmule. They only had purple or black in stock. Picked black. I was detecting a relatives yard the other day and was just getting uncomfortable bending with the Lesche poking at me. It looks like this packmule pouch will carry the Lesche knife and pinpointer with room for trash. A little expensive with shipping but if it lasts I like it. Used the link to Colonialmetaldetectors.

Back
Top Bottom