Seat protection

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Ok guys...... when you get out of the water how do you protect your seats from salt water damage? Ive tried towels.... and even black garbage bags. Im thinking of having a friend take two thick beach towels.....sandwitch some plastic between them.... then sow them together..... and sow a web belt to the top which will slip over my seats neck brace.... so i can easily put it on and off. Hate trying to wiggle on a towel that wont stay on my back. Salt water really takes it tole on leather seats. Got to be a pain for most of us.

Dew

When I did a recent refurbishment of my truck I bought custom neoprene Hawaiian print seat covers. I also use a towel to sit on and sometimes one for my back as well.

Attachments

• Seat.jpg
    Seat.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 399
I don't get it. Are you going from the surf directly to your car in wet clothes?

Yep, big black construction garbage bag works for me. Rinse off with a jug of water I set on my tonneau to warm up while I'm in the water and then trash bag the bottom of the seat with the bag up the back some.

I keep a moving pad blanket in the car that works pretty good for Missouri mud and a couple of "fender towels" that are basically shop towels, but 4 times the size that I use on the floorboards. We just got a new car and I'm having to keep it spotless or face the wrath of the wife. If I get too wet and muddy I'd probably have to walk or drive home naked.

I noticed duluth trading sell seat covers, if they are half as tough as their pants and jackets they should last a lifetime

I change at the beach, easy enough to change out of a wet suit and put shorts on with a large beach towel wrapped around me.

Aries 3142-01 Gray Universal Bucket Seat Cover.

They also come in black -09, brown -18, and camo -20 for

about $28 a seat.

I've been using for 4 years with NO problems and never a leak onto my leather seats.

There is also a bench seat cover.

When I get home I roll down the windows and the seats are usually dry by the next day. :lol: Seriously though, I just throw a towel on the seat. My car's 15 years old so I don't worry too much about it. :roll:

i use a commercial black bag, cutting the back at the halfway and then cutting a hole for the headrest at the bottom of the bag, slipping the bottom over the back of the chair so the headrest come through the bag ,and the top (open end) of the bag cover the seat . the bag stay in place while driving ,cover the bag with a towel:cool:

Thanks guys. Yes ... head to the car dump the wet suit and in the car. Buick with leather seats that are heated. I put a towel down.... but 30 min drive the seats get wet still. Salt isn’t good for anything.

You can always put something on OVER your wet clothes. I'm thinking something like those disposable Tyvek decontamination suits or something. They should last you a lot of trips.

Lol

Being your in Florida , use a pair of Felix speedo's, strip fresh under ware put on shorts done , :roll::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: Thread's are getting comical now day's , when i get back to the vehicle , i sit on a towel, pull the towel when i get back, dry seat, wash the towel done .

You can always put something on OVER your wet clothes. I'm thinking something like those disposable Tyvek decontamination suits or something. They should last you a lot of trips.

Who weee I thought you were going to say DEPENDS.

Believe it or not!

Mike and I each have a set of bubble wrap covers we made. Roll em up and stash them behind the seat when not in use. Though we both have two vehicles
one new one and a junker. That big Buick's leather seats wil set you back.
Maybe yu should have kept the Wrangler :lol:

I change before i get in the car. All i do is do the big beach towel wrap around and drop the wet clothes. And i even do it in front of hotels. Appears more guys are looky loo's when you are trying to change. So make sure you don't drop your towel:shock:

Back
Top Bottom