Tumblers

How much noise do these things make then? Anyone have a sound clip? Now I am worried if I would have my downstairs neighbor reporting me for noise.

The tumblers can be pretty noisy. I live in an apartment and I didn't want to be a noise maker to my neighbors.
So here's what I do. I set the tumbler on about 3 inchs of foam rubber on my counter top. I start it going and then put a cardboard box over top of it. I can hardly hear it after that and foam rubber prevents any vibration from going into the apartment below. No complaints yet.

Thank you for posting the pictures of the before and afters I really need to get a tumbler is seems....Thanks again. HH

Just picked up the Harbor Freight 3 lb tumbler. 42.59 incl. tax Didn't have the %20 off coupon.
It's running now, I followed the common theme, small Aquarium gravel ( 1/8 ") a teaspoon of Cascade, filled halfway with water. I should have posted before pics, but frankiefry did. I'll post some afters when it's done. But I'm glad I finally invested in one . I was getting tired of staring at a bunch of crusties, time to cash in. :grin:

THumbler's Tumbler

Ive been thinking about picking up a Thumlers tumbler. I see the harbor freight is much cheaper, but I try to buy american everytime I have an opportunity - plus chinese quality is absolutely awful.

GMG, did you ever get the Thumbler's Tumbler? I ordered the double barrel and got it today - it appears to be very sturdy and it is very quiet. I have pre '82 pennies tumbling in one barrel and clad in the other one right now. They have been tumbling for three hours. I am real curious to see how they come out.

Don

cleaning

For cleaning clad in your tumbler, along with the aquarium gravel, try using vinegar, dish detergent, and a small piece of steel wool.

Tumber

was wondering if you have to change out the rocks and solution for each type of coin you put in. Most have said to seperate pennies from clad, so do I need one set of rocks for pennies and one for the other coins? Or can I just rinse off the rocks? Going to get one from Harbour Freight this weekend and would like to know how much rocks to get from Wal-mart. Thanks! Curt

I just posted this on a different thread

Hi all just been detecting for about 9 months all coin shooting 2200 coins. I got the LORTONE 3-lb tumbler after many night of seeing how people are cleaning there coins on UTUBE forums the tumbler is the way to go the only thing I wish I did was to get a twin tumbler or a 6-lb one. Why you ask well to tell you a 3-lb tumbler means the barrel is 17+oz the gravel and water is another 15+oz leaving 15oz for coins approx. 40 quarters. So for a coin shooter like me I must clean after every trip. and with a double tumbler you can do clad and pennys at the same time one in each barrel. Well that's my input

I've only got 3lb bag of gravel still have 1/2 bag left 9 months of use. I just rinse the gravel after every use just don't make the mistake I did I missed a penny and tumble some clad with a penny still in the gravel now I have pretty PINK clad now I use my pin ponter to get all the clad or penny's out of the gravel :santa:

I am also looking to purchase a tumbler but for now I give them a quick bath then to the coin star machine.I know it's 9 cents on the dollar but unless the coin is in terrible condition the machine takes it.It's all free found money anyways.I would like to get the tumbler for my wheaties though.

Harbour Freight has a couple models for fairly cheap..

Good luck..

Edit.. sorry.. did not notice this was a multi page thread and that had already been mentioned..

Back
Top Bottom