Garrett APEX Hunt in Salt And Sand

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
Steve Moore from Garrett did some beach hunting, video taping the audio sounds with targets in dry sand and wet salt. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/G5fVmbwFurQ

Attachments

• safe_image.jpg
    safe_image.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 446
Steve and I have different styles of beach hunting. I don't sift like he does. Multi frequency proves its worth on those hoop earrings. Definitely a strong suit of SMF.

I really like the form factor of the APEX, it really looks nice and compact. I was cringing a little when he was sifting finds and covering the screen and control panel with wet sand. A couple of times during the video I thought it was going to take a saltwater bath. Taking a $400 + machine into the ocean that is not waterproof is a little worrisome. Hoping an AT type model will follow. Otherwise seems like the technology will handle beach duty well.

I would like to see the apex on a beach at little more mineralized than that beach. That sand looks beautiful.
Need a video of a so-cal beach that's peppered or black.

I would like to see the apex on a beach at little more mineralized than that beach. That sand looks beautiful.
Need a video of a so-cal beach that's peppered or black.

Yeah black sand is tough! But C'mon if Apex can handle saltwater then it will sell well at it's low priceđź‘Ť!

Back
Top Bottom