• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

2 teens challenged by rotary phone

I got a bunch of 2 dollar bills I got when shopping!

The funny thing is last year while MD I got a hit and in my scoop was a few 1 dollar bills. They where buried and there must be some metal in them. I don't know what my vdi came up as.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I hope you rechecked that hole? Could've been coins down there......:yes:

I'm 23, a millennial, and my grandparents had a rotary phone for most of my childhood. I remember watching in fascination as they dialed it, wondering how on earth you use one of those things. Never did get a chance to try it and I still probably couldn't figure it out without some trial and error.

I still recall the first phone I ever saw. Late 40's or early 50's. It was a wooden box on the wall with a crank on the side and a microphone on the front. You cranked the correct number of times to reach a local number.

I recall in the 50's that it could take a couple hours for a phone call to the west coast to get patched thru. Long distance calls were cheaper after 7pm.

First "Mobile" phone I ever saw was a rather larger box that a real estate agent had in her car.

Now I carry more computing power in my pocket than was used to send man to the moon.

Back
Top Bottom