Cheapest electrolysis ever...

oblivion321

...with some surprising results. I gotta say I am quite impressed and looking forward to building a better setup. My 6 year old boy has been bugging me to clean up a dog chain clasp he dug up. It seemed pretty hopeless. Within about 15 minutes I dug up the parts and started putting it together. I tried my battery charger for a supply at first, but the damned thing is too smart to let me do something so stupid without knowing what I'm getting into. I've seen a few posts about the setup and requirements, so I had the basic concept. Bucket,check. Expanded steel,check. PH up(sodium carbonate),check. Power supply...not. I found a tiny 12v 200ma wall wart. I figured if I got a couple bubbles going, he would be happy till I got a better setup. I put it all together and set it up in the garage and left it overnight. Here are the results...

Attachments

• bucketnew.jpg
    bucketnew.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 431
  • supplynew.jpg
    supplynew.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 436
  • chain1new.jpg
    chain1new.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 455
  • chain2new.jpg
    chain2new.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 441
It did the job ! Hope find more items to work on !! HH

It absolutely did. I got a little flash rust as soon as I got it dried up. I have an old battery charger coming from a guy at work and should work better, but I'm not complaining. I have a knife cooking now. Can't think of a better way to spend a frozen winter than playing with electric current and water.

Back
Top Bottom