Finally some 2020 gold!

Slimpickuns

Forum Supporter
Pickuns have been slim at the beach for me this year but last week I manage to come across a few pockets that opened up due to some heavy surf. Managed a couple of good hunts before everything sanded back in. Pulled out some crusty 10k, and a small piece of 14k gold chain. 10k tends to come out crusty and in pieces at this spot. One good tip I learned on this forum from Meggie is the use of CLR., It cleans off crusty verdigris on 10k with no effort and without damaging the gold. Just pour some in a shot glass, put your crusty 10k in and let soak for several hours, Crusty verdigris be gone! Most of the silver is pretty toasted, including 2 Washingtons and a paper thin Mercury dime. Got a nice surprise bucket lister on one of the hunts walking along the towel line in the dry sand heading back to my car, an 1869 seated dime. Did a slight clean up on it, pretty worn but not bad for it's age and for being in a beach environment for who knows how long..Total weight for both 10k after decrustification came out to 4.9 grams and diamonds test good on the ring. Total weight of 14k chain piece came to 4 grams. Too lazy to count the clad, the two rings on the clad pile are junkers. Also included is a picture of the trash I pulled out. Lots of crusty rotten Felix pennies and small bits of copper.

Thanks for lookin, HH!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 895
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 889
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 868
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 848
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 854
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 801
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 812
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 801
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 808
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 826
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 818
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 814
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 802
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 802
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 808
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 836
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 787
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 802
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 816
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 806
Very awesome hunt. Looks like Diego finds. That dime is old to be up on the dry.

Heck of a lot of digging there! Worth every target to get those golds! Great haul..

Great job Dave... good to see you in the gold. That's a lot of digging.
You know my favorite is that 1869 seated dime, very unusual SoCal beach find.

:dingding: Great hunt right there! Especially on getting lots of "ME" pennies!:lol: But you did hurt my feelings by having them in the trash picture. :( Nice cleaning job on the rings as well.

Those 10k cleaned up very nicely! I like that big silver ring pictured up front. Awesome how many good targets reappeared with the shifting of the sand. Great hunting!

I think all your sand came here :(

Sweet finds! Lots of targets!! Ahhh the memories of good days here long gone. Awaiting their return.

Very awesome hunt. Looks like Diego finds. That dime is old to be up on the dry.

Thanks KOB, I was thinking maybe a dozer moved some sand around and put the dime within detecting range, or maybe a beach goer dug one of those ridiculous large size beach holes and possibly brought it up within range. Definitely something you wouldn't expect to find in the towel line dry sand..

Very Nice, slim! Those are good gold pieces. Anytime you can pull 5+ grams is great. :0)

Skippy

Thanks Skippy, Especially with gold prices being on the high side :yes:

Great hunt man, back in style!

Thanks Z!

Heck of a lot of digging there! Worth every target to get those golds! Great haul..

Thanks OBN! I was pretty tuckered out after these couple of hunts that's for sure.

:D

Good job, what machine did you find the rope chain with?

Thanks Beachrumbum, I was using my Sovereign GT when I scooped the chain out. I think the chain was a fluke though because running my coil over it afterwards at home it did not sound off at all.

Great job Dave... good to see you in the gold. That's a lot of digging.
You know my favorite is that 1869 seated dime, very unusual SoCal beach find.

Thanks Rich! Yea the SD gave me a "WTH? :shock:" moment when I pulled it from the towel line. Just something you wouldn't expect to find at the beach..

Great hunt! Congrats on the gold and SD.

Thanks Beachhunter!

That must have been a fun hunt Slim- congrats on all the treasure! :yes:

Thanks George! Definitely lots of fun while it lasted!

:dingding: Great hunt right there! Especially on getting lots of "ME" pennies!:lol: But you did hurt my feelings by having them in the trash picture. :( Nice cleaning job on the rings as well.

Thanks Felix! Your coins were killin me on these hunts! That and the little copper bits :dash2:

Congrats on the goldies! Good clean up also.
Cheers
Doc

Thanks DigginDoc!

Those 10k cleaned up very nicely! I like that big silver ring pictured up front. Awesome how many good targets reappeared with the shifting of the sand. Great hunting!

Thanks Silver Saver!

I think all your sand came here :(

Sweet finds! Lots of targets!! Ahhh the memories of good days here long gone. Awaiting their return.

Thanks Kapi!

GREAT GOD SLIM!... Super good hunting.. I was down at LJ and Blacks last week and it was a joke. Wet was super sanded. You got out at the perfect time. Hard for me when I have to drive 350 mi ea way :( I esp like to see the old coins pop up. Anyone can find a gold ring. It's the oldies that means you're on to the good stuff... Congrats

GREAT GOD SLIM!... Super good hunting.. I was down at LJ and Blacks last week and it was a joke. Wet was super sanded. You got out at the perfect time. Hard for me when I have to drive 350 mi ea way :( I esp like to see the old coins pop up. Anyone can find a gold ring. It's the oldies that means you're on to the good stuff... Congrats

I've hit a few beaches down there. Alot comes down to luck lately. 1 tide swing can make a huge difference. Let along if there is some surf and wind , it can change in a few hours. I was recently hunting a decent cut/slope and in 3 hours before my eyes , it was gone. Amazing !

Back
Top Bottom