Got an appraisal on this one

Dirty Love

Elite Member
Had some medical issues that kept me from getting out most of last year, so my goal for 2020 was to ease myself back into detecting & digging in prep of spring break and summer here on the Gulf coast. I usually hunt with my blue xcal, but decided to take the DF out of the closet last weekend and hit the negative low that was helped even more by a strong east wind. An hour into hunting one of the the cups broke off from the headband. I did not want to stop, and found I was still able to use them with the help of a zip tie I had in the truck. Was really glad I did after this beauty showed up in the scoop. Took it to my jeweler friend that Monday morning and at his advice I left it with him to send in for an appraisal. This is what I got back from him today....
DL

* Any way to fix my headphones??

Attachments

• P1120587.jpg
    P1120587.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,278
  • P1120592.jpg
    P1120592.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,250
  • P1120598.jpg
    P1120598.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,240
  • P1120589.jpg
    P1120589.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 1,262
  • P1120602 (2).jpg
    P1120602 (2).jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,241
  • P1120601 (2).jpg
    P1120601 (2).jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 1,237
Broken headset

Did the lug break off? Easy fix I have broken off a couple and usually order a couple extra. PM me

DL That was one nice find!
If your married it now belongs to your wife, if not it wont take much to get one if you show them that rock, lol. Keep up the good work. Happy Hunting.
Anything can be fixed or replaced. Sure miss my PI Pro with 950 dive coil. got a lot of exercise digging and found a lot of gold and trash.

You can buy that piece for headphones from Myers , I had to replace that piece twice drill out the old one or push it in. You will need some liquid soap to get the new one in. And that was a Great find !

A 10K dollar wedding band. WOW. I had a couple rings appraised by a local jeweler and she said that if i found a buyer I should get half the appraisal or very close.

That is one magnificent find. Congratulations.

:dingding: Too bad on the headphones but finding that ring sure takes the sting away!

Beautiful find. Congrats

Thanks

sweet followup !

Thanks
Nice one! Maybe try some car weatherstrip adhesive?

I was thinking something like that or a ss screw through the side till i saw it was a replaceable part...thanks

Did the lug break off? Easy fix I have broken off a couple and usually order a couple extra. PM me
Thanks for your info, I'll take a drive across the bay to Meyers now that I know he has them...replace the other one also.

DL That was one nice find!
If your married it now belongs to your wife, if not it wont take much to get one if you show them that rock, lol. Keep up the good work. Happy Hunting.
Anything can be fixed or replaced. Sure miss my PI Pro with 950 dive coil. got a lot of exercise digging and found a lot of gold and trash.

Not married, GF's have come and gone.:D
The DF was my first water detector...I was inspired by Cupajoe's posts to get one. Used it for many years till I got the Blue, got a real workout digging trash and treasures for sure.

$9900!!! Sweet! I'd put her on eBay!đź‘Ť

Going to put it on consignment at my friends store for a while first.
You can buy that piece for headphones from Myers , I had to replace that piece twice drill out the old one or push it in. You will need some liquid soap to get the new one in. And that was a Great find !

Thanks for the info, I see Phil out on the island every once in a while, but never been to his shop...be calling him and taking the drive soon.

Sweet ring. Haven't seen a diamond that big posted in a while.
thanks
A 10K dollar wedding band. WOW. I had a couple rings appraised by a local jeweler and she said that if i found a buyer I should get half the appraisal or very close.

That is one magnificent find. Congratulations.

Yea, that's just for insurance. My jeweler friend said the appraisal will help in selling it...first time i ever got an one, cost me $85.00.

:dingding: Too bad on the headphones but finding that ring sure takes the sting away!

Aint that the truth, but even better that the part is replaceable!

Wow, congrats.

Thanks

Wow! what a nice find....congratulations!! same thing happened to my headphones....called whites and they sent me two of 'em...no charge....just snapped 'em in ...no problems. gl and hh!

Back
Top Bottom