• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

2018...Best year yet

Goat88

Elite Member
Started the year off hot and heavy hunting on average 3 days a week from January to about May when the heat came and the finds finally dried out at the golf course. Got lucky shortly after that with the demolition of the old high school grandstands. Then really only hunted one or two times per month, till Oct., with only a few to show from the beach. Got after it again pretty good with a tip from my buddy then finished the year hard with the silver ingots. This was easily my best year for coins, pulling 100 by May and 140 total. Did my best for sterling too but only because of the ingots, ended with 26. Two small gold rings, which is about my average since I started the hobby 7 years ago. Found two key date coins, 1919d quarter and an 1892 s dime. Ended up getting a good price and sold both.
Good luck to everyone this year. I was out today after working overnight for new years eve. Stayed local and surprisingly pulled a 1906 indian, no silver though. Hopefully this year I'll pull a few more bucketlisters. HH

Attachments

• imagejpeg_1.jpg
    imagejpeg_1.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 283
Great finds Goat! I remember your posts from the golf course. Amazing to have 100 by May! Excellent hunting & good luck this year!

Yeah, Man! Wow! You really did have a great year! Nice year-end pics. I see too many half dollars for one guy, though. You know there are detectorists in other states starving for those things. Shame on you. :D

A very impressive display Jordan. Big totals that shows your efforts. I really like the Sterling pile with those ingots that make it a eye popper. Huge congrats. Trapper

Some excellent hunting and a sweet pile of silver and sterling...congrats on the haul from 2018 and best of luck in 2019!

Great finds Goat! I remember your posts from the golf course. Amazing to have 100 by May! Excellent hunting & good luck this year!

Outstanding pile of silver. Congrats. HH Mark

Yeah, Man! Wow! You really did have a great year! Nice year-end pics. I see too many half dollars for one guy, though. You know there are detectorists in other states starving for those things. Shame on you. :D

A very impressive display Jordan. Big totals that shows your efforts. I really like the Sterling pile with those ingots that make it a eye popper. Huge congrats. Trapper

Beauty of a Group Shot! Well, it sure was fun following your detecting antics this season!:bowdown:

Congrats on the pile of beautiful silver!!

Holy !!!! balls!

Thank you guys. Hopefully next year will bring us all multiple silver and gold.

Way to go Jordan, its been a fun journey. Looking forward to unearthing some more spots together. Good luck in 2019!

Way to go Jordan, its been a fun journey. Looking forward to unearthing some more spots together. Good luck in 2019!

Thanks man, it has been. I didn't realize you had 7 halves this year. That is hard to do. If you want to check out that wooded park where I found the indian send me a text and we can check it out together.

I absolutely love the wrap ups !
What an amaizing treasure pile .
I gotta go back and look again.
Big congratulations on your season.
,Dew

Impressive!!!!!

Very nice haul there!!!

So....I'm not sure if I recall the story.....What was the deal with the ingots?? Did they all come from one spot/same hunt???!!

Can we see some close up shots?? How much do they weigh??
And who made them ??

pretty cool......
congrats......
and good luck in 2019.

Back
Top Bottom