Confederate civil war, sterling and a bushel of wheaties!

coin whisperer

Elite Member
Today I went door knocking and the house I had in mind nobody answered so I went back to the field I hunted last Sunday where I found a merc. Besides the pull tabs and clad I did manage to find a wheatie and a flattened Virginia state seal two piece button! Later on I decided to go back to the house I wanted to knock to see if the owner was back and while on the way I noticed a nice old house so I decided if the owner wasn’t home I’ll knock on that house since I saw cars in the driveway. Well the owner at the house wasn’t home so I knocked on the second house and the guy was super nice and said go ahead. I figured it was a late 1800’s house but he said it was built in 1920. I ended up finding a Uncas sterling silver ring, 12 wheaties, a surface marble, a pocket watch and the face to another one. I also found two pocket knives. The guy told me I can come back anytime so I’m going back tomorrow to detect the back yard where he said a old building used to sit. I used the Nox 800 today and the dog fence was messing with it bad in multi frequency so I had to use it in 40KHz to make it run stable. I’m taking the CTX to see if it handles the emi better. Ty for looking and HH!
7b03780f46baf6d4bbe8d0b76bbb62c9.jpg

1951a0b058bc4b4ddf5671f1d1e4422f.jpg

48cd14fdd736746be87cf4c91dd4a0c5.jpg

3b357b389643fb10f9b57e09a2be2954.jpg

aef68271f20c1e07f9c7ce06b0960f8a.jpg

3511820db7e03ba7015766a56b6d76d8.jpg

ae97c2fe89d3ecb95bd9d0774b088066.jpg

26fa8c66560c06ed2990117378aabcea.jpg

7fd2a8db39e12a77069b880f887b4178.jpg

2dc56ab437b83b2f3663c0b56c6fe53e.jpg

8f7284153972495156215d3ad5645b87.jpg

742e3428b026624cc454d2858aaf033d.jpg

7b94ae10c656179e1d2601ebdbdd2a17.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats Vic on the Sterling Ring,the state Seal Button ,all those Wheat's and the rest. You are to be admired for your persistence. Trapper

..............the dog fence was messing with it bad in multi frequency so I had to use it in 40KHz to make it run stable.......

My neighbor has an invisible fence and it wreaks havoc on the ATPro on all frequencies. I can't hunt within about 3 feet of a long shared property line. If I turn the sensitivity almost all the way down I can hunt at about 4-5 feet. They're totally cool and interested in my detecting, so one of these days I'm going to ask them to turn it off the next time they go out of town with the dog.

My neighbor has an invisible fence and it wreaks havoc on the ATPro on all frequencies. I can't hunt within about 3 feet of a long shared property line. If I turn the sensitivity almost all the way down I can hunt at about 4-5 feet. They're totally cool and interested in my detecting, so one of these days I'm going to ask them to turn it off the next time they go out of town with the dog.

The at pro only operates in one freq I thought?

Congrats on a nice hunt!!! Keep pulling that silver out!! I have hit a huge slump!!!!:mad: Toad on the other hand is killing it lately!!! He pulled a merc, '57 Rosie, and a sterling ring today!!!

The at pro only operates in one freq I thought?

It doesn't have multiple frequencies in the same way as the Nox. According to the manual:

"The AT Pro is capable of operating at four slightly different frequencies in order to minimize the interference caused by electrical sources (e.g. power lines) or other metal detectors............Frequency adjustments are small and therefore do not affect target detection capabilities."

There are four of them and I've never noticed in any situations I've encountered that switching between them does anything to reduce EMI.

It doesn't have multiple frequencies in the same way as the Nox. According to the manual:

"The AT Pro is capable of operating at four slightly different frequencies in order to minimize the interference caused by electrical sources (e.g. power lines) or other metal detectors............Frequency adjustments are small and therefore do not affect target detection capabilities."

There are four of them and I've never noticed in any situations I've encountered that switching between them does anything to reduce EMI.

Oh yea I remember now. I had a at pro years ago

Congrats on a nice hunt!!! Keep pulling that silver out!! I have hit a huge slump!!!!:mad: Toad on the other hand is killing it lately!!! He pulled a merc, '57 Rosie, and a sterling ring today!!!

Ty, dang he had a great day!!!! We need to all get together some day

Nice outing Vic! Hoping I can get at least one day next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice outing Vic! Hoping I can get at least one day next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ty buddy, I’m going back in awhile to hopefully at least tie my silver count from last year or break it!! I only need two!!

Back
Top Bottom