The Captain's 2018 silvers and more...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Got out for only about 60 hunts in 2018 so there's less stuff than after previous seasons. First outing wasn't until the 20th of March but some good multiple silver hunts and all the silver from the beach in the last couple months made up for lost time:yes: Detectors used were a Explorer II, Explorer XS and a Excal Sword. The clad bycatch amounted to $78.04 and there were over 200 wheats dug last year. These finds are from the dirt and also from the beach. Here's some Indians, a Flying Eagle, couple V nickels, Buffalo nickels and two 5 cents in trade tokens on the bottom I found 116 silver coins last year... 18 pieces of sterling and one gold ring... Some random 2018 season highlights...first hunt, a vintage coin spill...hometown dog tags...local beach trolley token...5 silver dirt hunt...Large Cent from the schoolyard...9 silver dirt hunt...cool old key...1854 Bank Of Upper Canada bank token...ended a 35 month big silver drought in September...had 2 more hunts with big silvers in 2018.........a Seated Quarter:D...old beach gold...a 5 silver beach hunt...10 silver beach hunt...another 5 silver beach hunt...and finally, a beach hunt with 9 silvers and 4 pieces of sterling... Well, that's about all of the good stuff I recovered in 2018, and my only goals for 2019 are to hunt some and maybe find a few things:lol: So thanks for looking and Happy Hunting in 2019!

Last edited:
Awesome presentation Bruce. You made your time count to put that many Silver's into the treasure chest. I look forward to your reports in 2019. Trapper

That sterling spoon looks heavy. Great job, I'd love to find something like that.

Those are some very impressive finds for 2018 Captain! You did quite well finding such varied finds in the few hunts you had. Quality over quantity always wins in my book!:yes:

Congrats on a sweet 2018 !!!

Nice recap/roundup of your year !!! It was fun scrolling through the whole replay.........

Funny that there was 5 of the exact same ring!!! :D

That's a great collection of coins and jewelry .....
May your 2019 be just as fruitful ..........

Captain:

Congratulations on last year's totals. As a native nutmegger, I'm impressed with your consistent high silver totals on an annual basis :shock:. Best of luck in 2019 and HH!

-Mike

You had a great season Bruce, I was fortunate enough to see you dig a couple of those finds. Congrats man, and good luck this year!

What a year! It's been a blast checking out your posts. Those blackened silvers always amaze me. 35 month big silver drought? Then you come up with three halves in 116 silver coins? That seems to be about the going ratio for 2018. I am still in drought phase, but your mention of that gives me hope for 2019. Not a bad lineup of goodies all around Captain. Well done! Let's get out and flip big loads of keepers this year too!

Some major highlights Captain.
Congradulations on your year.
I can not get enough of these wrap ups .
Amaizing show.
,Dew

Back
Top Bottom