2018 totals

off the iron

Elite Member
Hey guys, money shot of keeper pile from 2018.
On the whole, total finds were on the low side, hope during 2019 I find more time to get out and some felix pennies to door knock!

Totals were

(21) silver coins
Highlights were my first SLQ, 1920 D in amazing shape, and a Key Date 1901 S Barber Dime. Its pretty toasty but a key date all the same

(53) wheat's

(1) Buff and IH. The Indian is an 1867 and is my oldest dated coin

Finally a gold ring after 5 years and my first gold item in 4 years.

Attachments

• 7. Insta.jpg
    7. Insta.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Very nice wrap up OTI .
Congradulations on the great looking pile and the first and oldest.
After going threw the coin grading experience with that sweet stander would you say you would do it again?
I have often thaught of sending a coin or two in but never have.

Thanks for sharing your year . The money shot😎 Love it!
,Dew

You had a great year Liam. Several firsts Highlighted by the Gold Ring and the beautiful Stander. Time was the only thing that held you back my friend. Congrats! Trapper

Very nice wrap up OTI .
Congradulations on the great looking pile and the first and oldest.
After going threw the coin grading experience with that sweet stander would you say you would do it again?
I have often thaught of sending a coin or two in but never have.

Thanks for sharing your year . The money shot😎 Love it!
,Dew

Thanks Dew, not sure how I feel about the grading process. The grade came back as “Harshley Cleaned - AU detail” even though the microscopic scratches were from the ground not anything I did. So it didn’t get a technical grade.

Thanks Dew, not sure how I feel about the grading process. The grade came back as “Harshley Cleaned - AU detail” even though the microscopic scratches were from the ground not anything I did. So it didn’t get a technical grade.

Ya thanks for sugar coating the grade lol.

If they would exchange the word harsh for maybe aggressively cleaned it may have gone a bit better . Sounds common with dug coins .
That's why I am afraid to send one in.
It might come back saying AU but likely cleaned with a cutting torch and toilet bowl cleaner. 😳
Either way a fine addition to anyone trying to fill in some holes in a collection.
Congradulations again . She is beutiful no question about it.

Good luck in 2019
,Dew

Back
Top Bottom