2018 significant coins

longbow62

Forum Supporter
I started seriously metal detecting in April 2017 and ended up with 7 silver coins for the year. This year I started again in April with the goal of doubling 2017's silver total. I ended up this year with 27 silver coins which I am very happy about. I hunted a lot harder this year than last for sure. I also started hunting with several other people who detect, and one guy in particular helped me a lot with places to detect. I was hoping to hit thirty before year end, but it was not to be. I don't think I am setting a silver goal this year, but do want to keep finding more silver each year than I did the last if possible.

I had several first this year finding my first of the following coins: Walking Liberty half dollar, Standing Liberty quarter, silver Washington quarter, V nickel, Buffalo nickel, and last but not least Indian Head cent.

Barber silver coinage eluded me again this year which is starting to bother me a little bit. I have found two Seated Liberty dimes so far. Seated coins should be much harder to find than Barber's I would think.

I wish everyone great luck metal detecting in 2019!

Attachments

• 2018 finds.jpg
    2018 finds.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 245
Great year! Knocking that many off the bucket list is a big deal .
No stress on the barbers when your already finding seated .
And a sweet stander too .
Good luck in 2019 . I predict right now your numbers will explode.
A 3rd year man has the skills and has more hunger and drive then most.
I went from 26 my second season to 156 my third. These days I just coast and enjoy the hunting.
No pressure just fun .
Dew

Some very nice rewards for the efforts. A great variety of finds has you listening to all tones and that is impressive. Congrats on a very stellar year and hope you get that Barber in 2019. Trapper

Beautiful! Your writeup sounded familiar; I also started getting serious about hunting silvers in 2017, and more than doubled my count in 2018. It's a blast! I know you had lots of good times along the way. I give you a special nod, with a touch of envy, on the Walker. I have been looking at a lot of 2018 silver coin total posts lately, and the half dollar ratios are killin' me. Still shootin' for one.
Congrats on a fine year, and hope you smash it this year!

Back
Top Bottom