Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Notices

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12-05-2019, 11:12 AM
AirmetTango's Avatar
AirmetTango AirmetTango is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: NW Ohio
Posts: 1,875
Default

Wonderful news GKL! So pleased to hear that load is off the minds of you and your family!

__________________

Oldest coin: 1834 Matron Head Large Cent (Honorable Mention: 1857 Flying Eagle Cent)
Oldest silver: 1854 Seated Liberty Quarter
Oldest foreign coin: 1844 Province of Canada Half Penny

Equinox 800 w/Steve’s Detector Rods Complete Shaft & Herke Cuff; Pro Pointer II
Detecting Since 4/2017 - Addicted Since 5/2017
Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #22  
Old 12-05-2019, 12:15 PM
GKL's Avatar
GKL GKL is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Winnsboro, South Carolina
Posts: 5,383
Talking

Originally Posted by AirmetTango View post
Wonderful news GKL! So pleased to hear that load is off the minds of you and your family!
Thanks !!!! The first few days after hearing my primary doctor wanted me to get a biopsy was the roughest, it was obviously still on my mind after that while waiting to get the biopsy and then results, but my faith kicked in enough to help me handle the long wait to get the results.

Just the possibility of something like that gives you a renewed thankfulness and appreciation for the health you do have !

__________________
Gary
Minelab Equinox 800, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Cen-Tech Pinpointer
other (occasional) hobbies: astronomy, rockhounding, green screening
John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Reply With Quote


  #23  
Old 12-10-2019, 12:26 PM
KingTotsalot's Avatar
KingTotsalot KingTotsalot is offline
Official Tot Lot King
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Posts: 8,810
Default

Royal Congrats, GKL! KT went through cancer treatment successfully way back in 2012, but in the process, the main drug side effect was the death of the Royal Thyroid, so KT takes one levothyroxoid pill a day. Small price to pay for survival of the big C.

__________________
BH Tracker IV, Tesoro Compadre, ATPro; 2019 CRH totals: 123 40%ers, 137 90%ers, 30 proofs, 347 NIFCs, , 4 87 Kens, 0 foreigns, 3 Au-plated

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #24  
Old 12-10-2019, 01:09 PM
GKL's Avatar
GKL GKL is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Winnsboro, South Carolina
Posts: 5,383
Talking

Originally Posted by KingTotsalot View post
Royal Congrats, GKL! KT went through cancer treatment successfully way back in 2012, but in the process, the main drug side effect was the death of the Royal Thyroid, so KT takes one levothyroxoid pill a day. Small price to pay for survival of the big C.
Thanks KT !!!!

…...so very glad you got thru that, and great attitude about having to take that pill, definitely a very reasonable price to pay considering. My doctor said even when cancer is involved with the Thyroid, the survival success rate is 98% which is very encouraging to those who do have to go thru that.

__________________
Gary
Minelab Equinox 800, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Cen-Tech Pinpointer
other (occasional) hobbies: astronomy, rockhounding, green screening
John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Reply With Quote


  #25  
Old 12-10-2019, 06:56 PM
KingTotsalot's Avatar
KingTotsalot KingTotsalot is offline
Official Tot Lot King
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Posts: 8,810
Default

Originally Posted by GKL View post
Thanks KT !!!!

…...so very glad you got thru that, and great attitude about having to take that pill, definitely a very reasonable price to pay considering. My doctor said even when cancer is involved with the Thyroid, the survival success rate is 98% which is very encouraging to those who do have to go thru that.
Your doc is absolutely correct...that pesky thyroid exists only to send out the proper hormones so your organs will function correctly. Without it, the pill takes care of that for ya! But you never expect the thyroid function to be upset by cancer meds. One of them that KT was given was experimental and It did it, IMHO. Fortunately, KT has several Royal Docs and His PCP found out it was messed up by a blood test, soon after the chemo treatments ended.

__________________
BH Tracker IV, Tesoro Compadre, ATPro; 2019 CRH totals: 123 40%ers, 137 90%ers, 30 proofs, 347 NIFCs, , 4 87 Kens, 0 foreigns, 3 Au-plated

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #26  
Old 12-13-2019, 09:35 PM
GLASSHOPPER1955's Avatar
GLASSHOPPER1955 GLASSHOPPER1955 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: LaPorte County, Indiana
Posts: 2,673
Default

Gary, GLAD to hear your good news. We need you around for a (long) while. Keep them funny pictures coming.

I get checked real good for any cancer, had prostate biopsy this summer after PSA rose suddenly, but they found nothing. Had two angios (upper and lower) this summer, all negative. Looks like I'm good to go.

__________________
"Digging up the past - one bottle at a time since 1969"

Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #27  
Old 12-13-2019, 11:14 PM
GKL's Avatar
GKL GKL is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Winnsboro, South Carolina
Posts: 5,383
Talking

Originally Posted by GLASSHOPPER1955 View post
Gary, GLAD to hear your good news. We need you around for a (long) while. Keep them funny pictures coming.

I get checked real good for any cancer, had prostate biopsy this summer after PSA rose suddenly, but they found nothing. Had two angios (upper and lower) this summer, all negative. Looks like I'm good to go.
Thanks for the kind words Glasshopper, it is much appreciated !!!!

So very glad your tests turned out good too, good to know you don't take your health for granted either and stay on the alert about keeping well !

__________________
Gary
Minelab Equinox 800, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Cen-Tech Pinpointer
other (occasional) hobbies: astronomy, rockhounding, green screening
John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Reply With Quote


  #28  
Old 12-14-2019, 12:45 PM
Lee1968 Lee1968 is online now
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Worden, IL
Posts: 579
Default

Glad to hear the good news! They found a lump on my wife's thyroid last month. She has had the ultrasound and the blood work, but the appointment for the biopsy consultation isn't until next month. She has been very concerned, and reading the comments here has helped. She was adopted, and has no information about her biological parents, so she is always concerned that cancer could run in her family.
Reply With Quote


  #29  
Old 12-14-2019, 01:21 PM
GKL's Avatar
GKL GKL is online now
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Winnsboro, South Carolina
Posts: 5,383
Default

Originally Posted by Lee1968 View post
Glad to hear the good news! They found a lump on my wife's thyroid last month. She has had the ultrasound and the blood work, but the appointment for the biopsy consultation isn't until next month. She has been very concerned, and reading the comments here has helped. She was adopted, and has no information about her biological parents, so she is always concerned that cancer could run in her family.
Thanks !!!!

Tell her I am human too and I can relate how it felt to even have the possibility of cancer and to try to let the positive things I mentioned in my original post help ease her stress while she is waiting to get the biopsy. Stress is not good for your health in general so it is important to try to stay as stress free as possible.

My Thyroid doctor told me before the biopsy test that I as a man had a roughly 1 out of 10 chance of it being cancer, but for a woman it would only be roughly about a 1 out of 15 chance of it being cancer, which is the same as saying a 14 out of 15 chance it would be benign, and to further ease her concerns remind her that even IF it turned out to be cancer, they said with Thyroid cancer there is a 98% success rate of being cured, my doctor told me that even IF it was cancer he'd simply cut it out and I'd be cured, (that is what he told me, but I realize sometimes additional treatment might be used as an added precaution depending on the individual) (though I am thankful I didn't have to go thru that anyhow).

The first few days or so might be the roughest as far as coming to grips with such a possibility, but keep reminding her of those positive statistics and our prayers that everything goes very well !

Gary

__________________
Gary
Minelab Equinox 800, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Cen-Tech Pinpointer
other (occasional) hobbies: astronomy, rockhounding, green screening
John 3:5__Acts 2:38__Acts 19:1-7
Navy Vet

Reply With Quote


Reply


Tags
thyroid

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.