2019 Rings, Jewelry, and other "precious" finds!

Every time I see a collection of what someone found in a season, I can’t help but point out...that’s ONE persons finds in a VERY SHORT time! Just IMAGINE what is really in the ground that is still yet to be found by someone in the future, and what THAT pile might consist of!
It’s also worth noting that “true hunters” do just that...hunt. It’s not that they’ll find that one item and be done, they hunt because the HUNT is what drives them, which is almost all of us.
“The treasure is the hunt itself”...someone came up with that a long time ago. It applies to me,(to you David obviously:yes:) and those I know around me. Just SEEING a condensed pile of valuables like above provides a visceral reaction that makes us reach for our phones to call in to work, grab our equipment and go hunting! That’s exactly how it should be!
We might have to call you the “Montana Monster” mister! There are many different methods, ways, theories and plans to be successful at this. You have clearly found your niche!
Congratulations on a year Im sure you will never forget...

Man LS, that's a nice pile of loot. You did have a great year. Send that pic into Garrett. I'm sure they would love it. That badge would look good in a display case. Hope your leg heals up and enjoy your holidays. Good luck Mark

Wow! Congrats on the pile of precious this year! You’re a true land pirate.:lol:

Arrrrr! Thank you Waveoff!

Every time I see a collection of what someone found in a season, I can’t help but point out...that’s ONE persons finds in a VERY SHORT time! Just IMAGINE what is really in the ground that is still yet to be found by someone in the future, and what THAT pile might consist of!
It’s also worth noting that “true hunters” do just that...hunt. It’s not that they’ll find that one item and be done, they hunt because the HUNT is what drives them, which is almost all of us.
“The treasure is the hunt itself”...someone came up with that a long time ago. It applies to me,(to you David obviously:yes:) and those I know around me. Just SEEING a condensed pile of valuables like above provides a visceral reaction that makes us reach for our phones to call in to work, grab our equipment and go hunting! That’s exactly how it should be!
We might have to call you the “Montana Monster” mister! There are many different methods, ways, theories and plans to be successful at this. You have clearly found your niche!
Congratulations on a year Im sure you will never forget...

Thank you IDX! I agree with you, there is SO MUCH stuff still in the ground all over this country, heck, just to detect all the old homes and remaining curb strips in Missoula I will probably need the rest of my life!

What everyone else said . Congratulations those pictures are truly inspiring !

Thanks Soil Surgeon! And yep, meant to inspire, not brag.

Man LS, that's a nice pile of loot. You did have a great year. Send that pic into Garrett. I'm sure they would love it. That badge would look good in a display case. Hope your leg heals up and enjoy your holidays. Good luck Mark

Thanks Mark! Leg is feeling a bit better, and best wishes to you and family this Christmas and Holidays!

Truly impressive and inspiring year David. That collection is testimony to the dedication,education, detecting prowess and people skills required to mine the places where the good stuff still lies. Have you ever tried to calculate the number of knee bends you do to get all of that stuff?

Truly impressive and inspiring year David. That collection is testimony to the dedication,education, detecting prowess and people skills required to mine the places where the good stuff still lies. Have you ever tried to calculate the number of knee bends you do to get all of that stuff?

Thank you Todd!

I have tried to count the number of "up /downs" on a detecting trip. Let's see... for the year I probably have 1800 copper memorial pennies, 1100 wheaties, 200+ silvers, 50 other good older coins, 200 misc rings, jewelry, tokens, buttons, oddities, and probably 1200 clad quarters, dimes, nickels... that is 4,550 deep knee bends just for the good targets, plus the odd trash signals I end up digging!

Back
Top Bottom