Current new detector market options

Crown Cap Mike

I’m in the market for another detector. I have been using a Garrett AT Pro for about 5 years now and still works as good now as the day I bought it. I’ve used it in the soils of the Midwest, California, Spain, and Florida and always been pleased. There’s a lot I like about it and only a couple things I wish could be better. I’m probably going to give it to my son to use once I get a new detector.

I have not looked at the detectors market in a long time and I don’t have any friends who detect to compare with. I’ve noticed a lot of new units on the market and some older ones still holding their own as well.

A few perks I’d like in a new detector that my current one doesn’t have: a backlit screen for dusk/dawn and wireless headset.

Types of detecting are mostly coins and rings in soil, sand, and freshwater. (I do have a Garrett Sea Hunter II for saltwater).

If it matters, in six months I’m going to be leaving for England for the next 3-4 years and not sure of soil conditions/challenges there.

My budget isn’t unlimited but don’t mind paying more if the detector warrants it.

If there are better performing detectors on the market for the kind of detecting I do I’d love to hear more.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,
May I suggest that you wait to purchase after you arrive in the U.K. You’ll then have a better idea of the types of conditions you’ll be up against. Choosing a detector at that time may help with the choices.
Good luck and safe travels to you.

Hi Mike,
May I suggest that you wait to purchase after you arrive in the U.K. You’ll then have a better idea of the types of conditions you’ll be up against. Choosing a detector at that time may help with the choices.

X2 on that

purchase

Hi Mike,

Machines might cost more over there ,unless you are buying a machine over here and taking it with you.

Last edited:
I have been contacted by the OP via a PM, I will respond to him fully in due course.

....Doug.

Back
Top Bottom