• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Sorta newbie coming back

Dragonscout

Was starting to get into the sport a few years ago. Fell into a great deal for a 1 year old White's MXT Pro for $400. went out and got a Garrett ProPointer and joined the local club Midwest Artifact Hunters in KC Great group and got another good deal on a 6"shooter coil. Was really trying to learn. Coming in new, it was probably too much, too fast. Then the pinpointer died, I got aggrivated with the lack of places to hunt and I had to transfer for my job to the Warner Robins, Ga area. Had to sell the MXT and got more than I paid, but I'm thinking I should ave kept it...Fast forward two years, and I'm pretty strapped. Thinking of a complete reset. OPINIONS NEEDED. Thoughts on just getting a Tesoro Compadre and starting in slow. Will be on dry ground in the Macon area and hopefully at the beach occasionally. Lots of opinions that it retains it's simplicity over time. Then I can move up from there. thanx for the opinions in advance!! OH YEAH, what's the deal with financial issues at Tesoro??

Well, you couldn't have picked a better time to get back into this awesome hobby. Used prices on detectors have really dropped, great for you, not so great for the sellers.
I won't suggest a certain brand of detector to get but check the used prices on this forum as well as the other popular MD forums before you pull the trigger on a Compadre. Just say'n. Welcome back, from Ohio.

Back
Top Bottom