Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 11-11-2018, 12:45 PM
Supporter

It's like those commercials...where you're totally inept, "but wait"

Squad Leader: Team Cupcake

1 members found this post helpful.
Members of Friendly Metal Detecting Forums have rated post 3026761 as the most helpful. Skip right to it!
Old 11-11-2018, 12:48 PM

I never got along with test gardens...I got bored finding the same stuff all the time.

Kawasaki Mule Trans Diesel XP Deus 5.2 w/X35 XP Mi6 pinpointer Etraq w/Sunray X1 Bandido 2 Umax, Garrett Z Lynk wireless, Tesoro Tejon, Lobo Super Traqs (2), Troy Shadow X2, Tesoro Mojave, Tiny Tec Pinpointer 3 shovels and a lot of batteries.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:07 AM

If you guys would just not respond to "basher's" posts he would go away. He's an attention hound, that's all. His claim to fame is metal detecting videos. Wow? Reminds me of another guy who Tweets too much. Might not be that bad if he'd learn to zip it when he's ahead. JMO

Old 11-12-2018, 12:18 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by chillforlife View post
If you guys would just not respond to "basher's" posts he would go away. He's an attention hound, that's all. His claim to fame is metal detecting videos. Wow? Reminds me of another guy who Tweets too much. Might not be that bad if he'd learn to zip it when he's ahead. JMO
I was with ya for a while.......

There's a difference. One is a highly intelligent 4 dimension chess playing world class troll.

The other is Opie

Old 11-12-2018, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Gauntlet View post
I was with ya for a while.......

There's a difference. One is a highly intelligent 4 dimension chess playing world class troll.

The other is Opie
You've got a point there. Maybe they're twins, Opie and Dopie. Okay, that's getting too close to personal attacks and politics. Better back off. Just having fun. Mods, delete if you must.

Old 11-12-2018, 12:48 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by chillforlife View post
You've got a point there. Maybe they're twins, Opie and Dopie. Okay, that's getting too close to personal attacks and politics. Better back off. Just having fun. Mods, delete if you must.
Hardly. Don't know what you're talking about, I said nothing of the sort.

Old 11-12-2018, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Gauntlet View post
But Dude, he makes YouTube videos
yup! i have seen the tesoro video.i seen enough!..don't need to see anymore!
he's havin' fun!.leave him alone!

Old 11-12-2018, 06:34 AM
Elite Member

Instead of presenting a video of the importance of checking your detector for proper performance before hunting with it, the OP decided to turn it into something negative and argumentative. When an OP begins a thread with confrontation looking for attention and trouble he will usually get both. This entire thread again.......posted on every detecting forum....like we don't have them bookmarked.....is nothing but a poke in the eye to many Tesoro users out there. Most of which have been doing this hobby for decades and made incredible finds with those Tesoro detectors. The my detector is great and your detector is junk post is usually deleted for one reason. It serves no purpose other than making trouble. But then trouble is attention for some.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:48 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by goodmore View post
Instead of presenting a video of the importance of checking your detector for proper performance before hunting with it, the OP decided to turn it into something negative and argumentative. When an OP begins a thread with confrontation looking for attention and trouble he will usually get both. This entire thread again.......posted on every detecting forum....like we don't have them bookmarked.....is nothing but a poke in the eye to many Tesoro users out there. Most of which have been doing this hobby for decades and made incredible finds with those Tesoro detectors. The my detector is great and your detector is junk post is usually deleted for one reason. It serves no purpose other than making trouble. But then trouble is attention for some.

Folks here choose to enter this thread and watch the video.
Instead of trying to read oneís mind why they posted what they did, how about constructive criticism on why you agree or disagree with the OPís opinion.

Thatís right anytime anyone speaks of a detector it is their OPINION.
We have loads of opinions here.
Now just so happens some things (detectors) here do seem to share the same opinion of some and perhaps many of the members here.

As far as a stick in the eye.
There are folks here ( history) threads and posts where one detector is believed by them to be better than other models.
Is this too a stick in the eye of those who use the supposed less stellar detector?

Folks come here looking for advice, and to see how detectors stack up.
Are there better detectors than Tesoro, or even other models ?

Anyone who thinks not, maybe has not used some of the other models.

Folks can buy what they want, use what they want.
I will support and recognize anyone finding a worthy find no matter which detector they used.

What we donít need is for threads to turn into comments involving mind reading, psycho analyzation, or become very personal.

A person who does disagree can always do a video of their own.

You wonít see the bad and ugly in detector magazines, and hence seems one as of late has went bye bye.

So we have this forum here where folks can share their OPINIONS.

Did you see the thread I posted here where the gent found a monster gold nugget?
He was only using a $7,000 detector when he found the gold.
I suspect the gold nugget may have indeed been found with a Tesoro and many other VLF detectors.

Pinpointers -- Garrett Propointer, White's TRX, Makro, XP MI-6,,remote travels use Can am Defender Hd10Xt side by side

Old 11-12-2018, 11:07 AM
Elite Member

I could not care less if the original post was made to be an opinion or presented as fact with 11 reasons. It is BS either way. And that is my opinion. I did not watch the video and never will watch one of his videos. And I have more than 11 reasons why. Neither one of us will lose sleep over it, and in the grand scheme of things very unimportant. Telling someone why you use a certain detector is fine. Telling them why they are wrong for using theirs is quite confrontational. So dont get upset when it happens.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:23 AM
Supporter

So your posting on my thread about my video that you didnt watch..... So you dont know if my points are valid or not.

Old 11-12-2018, 01:22 PM

Dang this is crazy.

What ever pushed Calabash into making that video?
I did watch it and couldn't for the life of me figure out why he made that video. He had to know what was going to happen.

What ever brought this on?

Old 11-12-2018, 02:56 PM
Elite Member

I donít think it was about the lack of signal on the silver quarter,but more so the vast difference in between being able to tell one target from another by the use of multi tone,rather than trying to differentiate subtleties in a monotone machine.

Old 11-12-2018, 06:55 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by tnsharpshooter View post
Folks here choose to enter this thread and watch the video.

<snipped>
Wrong, I didn't watch it, or ANY of his other videos or posts. I came in knowing full well it was a troll thread by the title. For you to insinuate anything different is laughable.

It's funny, because I was actually wandering where his "sidekick" was. Where one is, the other's not far away.

I stopped reading where I snipped. I've seen enough of the dynamic-duos "work" to be familiar with it.

I'd made a post here a while back regarding Goodmore (if it is infact the same one) and buying him a beer. That was in reference to a post he'd made to you elsewhere. I had a good laugh, at your expense, reading it.

Originally Posted by calabash digger View post
So your posting on my thread about my video that you didnt watch..... So you dont know if my points are valid or not.
Sometimes, regardless of your hopes and dreams.....people find you, and your opinions irrelevant.

Originally Posted by Jeff in Pa View post
Dang this is crazy.

What ever pushed Calabash into making that video?
I did watch it and couldn't for the life of me figure out why he made that video. He had to know what was going to happen.

What ever brought this on?
The need for attention. It's a real thing.