Now I'm a real Pirate

congrats on one great strech of hunts. That is truly a pirates haul- and now you can protect it being armed and all:lol:

Thanks. I've not done very well this year so finding a entire beach with black sand helped out. The gun will scare away the other pirates. I Hope!

Wowzers :shock: you sound so humble in your post but those are some great finds :yes: The chains are awesome, that bracelet :photo: and that coin is crazy :yes::shock::shock: Nice job brudda

Thanks Buddy. the bracelet now belongs to the Misses. The coin is a milestone for me. I live on the Treasure Coast and have never found a ship wreck coin.

Fantastic bracelet, navy ring, other silvers (like that dolphin and the blue stone ring a lot), the old coin - what’s the story about that? Real? That’s crazy! Like the pistol almost more than the gold, almost :lol:

Awesome hunting!

Thanks for the nice words GS. The coin is real. I had 3 coin dealer look at it. One didn't know. The other two said it's real and a ship wreck coin. It is a Netherlands Daalder called a Lion's Dollar. That coin is where the American name dollar came from. It's in poor condition made of .75 silver and in the sand a long time. But it's like gold to me. Thanks for looking.

That's an impressive haul Dog- congrats! That gold bracelet is beautiful! :yes:

Thanks compass. The haul is not that impressive considering the hours in the cold and I was lucky being there when the beach was gone. I'll never see that much black sand in my life again.

Good post. Good pictures.

Thanks Tom. From a man with your experience and knowledge nice words are appreciated.

Wow man, NICE hunt, jeezzz!

Thanks zee for taking your time to look.

Awesome hunting DD!!!

Was it you that collects military theme rings? That bracelet is stunning for sure.

Might be the coolest toy gun ever recovered there!!!

Big congrats on all of it!!

<°)))>{

Thanks for the ata boy ice. I do collect vintage army rings. Love anything Military especially Army. My gold finds have been meager this year so the bracelet was a welcome find. As for the toy gun. I'm going to hang it on the wall over my detecting cabinet where I hold my stash.

daaammmm!!!! now thats how to vacation. nice finds mega congrats on the navy ring. being from fla, i feel your pain with the cold. below 60 i scream like a baby

I went to SC to see family that was at MB. I wish I had taken a wet suit so I could have gone in the water. But as it was it rained and I wore my rain suit but still got in the water over my wading boots a few times. Like to have froze my butt off.

Damn dude, you are a pirate. That Navy ring and the pirate pistol are freaking awesome.

Love the ring and the pistol also. it was as good of a find as the bracelet and coin.

:dingding: That's just a plethora of treasure! Gold, silver and a 17th century coin! :wow:

Thanks Felix. A mixture of trash went with that as well. I used the 3030 and had a good idea what I was digging. but decided to dig everything there were so few targets.

Haven't they heard about metal detectors up there?

I saw two guys on the beach with a detectors in the 6 days I was there. I talked with one and he said I bet you haven't found anything just like me. I laughed and pulled out a couple of things. It was almost dark and he had just started. I hit the beach about 9am. I wish I had been able to stay ahead of the sand machines a couple of more weeks.

Good, usually Myrtle Beach is sanded in, look's like some hard pan their, the cat's out of the bag, guess the hunter's will heard their now :shock: , happy hunting Earl

Thanks for looking Earl. They better hurry and get ahead of the sanding. They were covering the beach at a fast pace.

Congrats on all the loot!!!:dingding:

Thanks for the look see and the kind words. It was a blast for sure.

Aye, Cap'n Pirate! I'd be three sheets to the wind; due south; steady as she goes, with a load o' plunder like that. I'd also be thinking about mounting that pirate gun somewhere on my truck. Excellent vacation report!

:wow2: That qualifies as an incredible hunt! Nice finds! Methinks that's among the best hunts me ever heard of... Arrrgh!

Well done! Blowing sand in my way too! Likely finish off our beach hunting all winter:no:

Larry I was just staying ahead of the pumping. I think they were working all 24. Not sure but they were covering a lot of beac.

That bracelet is gorgeous! Congrats my friend!!

Thanks Kap. With the year I've had it was a welcome find. I've made a couple of good hunts since I got home. I'll post the later. Thanks for looking. Show some gold girl!

Aye, Cap'n Pirate! I'd be three sheets to the wind; due south; steady as she goes, with a load o' plunder like that. I'd also be thinking about mounting that pirate gun somewhere on my truck. Excellent vacation report!

Thanks Foragist. If I had a truck that would be a great idea.

Thanks for posting the link Ra2der. It is the coolest coin I've ever found. I'd never heard of one but it has a lot of history.

:wow2: That qualifies as an incredible hunt! Nice finds! Methinks that's among the best hunts me ever heard of... Arrrgh!

Princess. A good hunt for me that's for sure. But on a scale of 1 to 500,000 of hins on FMDF, it is probably a 900,000.

Sweet finds! I really like the Navy ring and Daalder coin.

Thanks ken. they are both firsts for me so I am very happy with my finds.

Congrats on a great haul of goodies !!! A little of everything.

A good collection for me. A lot of hours in the wet and cold and not many targets. But not counting the trash, the ones I found were ggd. Thanks for looking.

The beaches in SC get re-nourished every few years. Of course we pay millions to get that sand pumped back on the beach covering up everything good for years. Got to get all those tourists to come and spend their money. Occasionally they do leave something good for the pirates. Myrtle Beach would not exist if it were not for the tourists.

ARRRR Matey! Ye done hornswaggaled me out of me ol' trusty pistol and me booty! Ye gona walk the plank for sure!
20181111_205350.jpg

Wow, I am literally speechless. That is a huge haul...so jealous but man what a great amount of loot. As everyone has already said, big congrats to you. I wonder if anyone else hit that beach too...too bad they are going to fill it in.

WoW! Might be time for a trip down South,,,, Great digs!

I'm not sure how far south you have to come but way down south is the warmest!:grin:

The beaches in SC get re-nourished every few years. Of course we pay millions to get that sand pumped back on the beach covering up everything good for years. Got to get all those tourists to come and spend their money. Occasionally they do leave something good for the pirates. Myrtle Beach would not exist if it were not for the tourists.

The silver was easy pickens. There was just a small area if loose sand and easy to tell where people had been. I'd say it is all sanded by now.

ARRRR Matey! Ye done hornswaggaled me out of me ol' trusty pistol and me booty! Ye gona walk the plank for sure!
View attachment 428917

I'm feeling a meeting with Davy Jones.:lol:

Wow, I am literally speechless. That is a huge haul...so jealous but man what a great amount of loot. As everyone has already said, big congrats to you. I wonder if anyone else hit that beach too...too bad they are going to fill it in.

Thanks but not that any targets for six days. But they were some good ones.

:wow: what a great bunch of treasures you found that navy ring i found that exact same ring last year mine is not as nice as yours though :D congrats

Attachments

• IMG_1485.jpg
    IMG_1485.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1487.jpg
    IMG_1487.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1486.jpg
    IMG_1486.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom