Small fresh water beach question.

Dig-on

Forum Supporter
The beaver tabs were all a solid measured 7-9 inches down. Could this beach have been cherry picked of any silver coins in the past, or maybe the coins are deeper? Or maybe there are just no deep coins?! This is keeping me up at night.
Here is the beach. It’s not sand. It is fine crushed rock with some larger rocks mixed in.

0FED62F9-9A07-413B-9B24-19A155E4E82A_zpsjpjkrkxe.jpg

8DCDD9FC-6A75-4B28-BC8D-0FA24C461220_zpszqy9cm5e.jpg

Forget the coins and silver!!! Any beach with tabs like that, is most likely holding gold!!!

Coins whether old or new, are bycatches for real beach/water hunters..

<°)))>{

Keep digging!

Dig those low tones and barely audibles. The goods are there. Better hurry too because what I know of Maine it will be iced over soon.

Get in the water as deep as you can go, neck deep(?), and scoop up the gold!

I don’t know, but that’s what I’d try... beautiful looking beach!

....Any beach with tabs like that, is most likely holding gold!!! ....

If that is a swimming beach, then perhaps so. But if it's a fishing beach or any sort of non-swimming & non sunbathing type Beach, then the jewelry ratio plummets.

The water is about 5-8’ lower than when it during swimming season. I read an article from about 15 years ago called “the first 4 feet”. Great article on where most things are lost.
I hope to hit this beach again before things freeze over.

If that is a swimming beach, then perhaps so. But if it's a fishing beach or any sort of non-swimming & non sunbathing type Beach, then the jewelry ratio plummets.

There is an earring hiding at the top of the photo.. should be some gold hiding in there

There is an earring hiding at the top of the photo.. ...

AAaaahhh. Yes. Now I see it. I had to squint real hard, stand on one foot, & turn my head slightly sideways. Then yes, I see it now. :cool:

Thanks for all the input everyone. I will definitely try to hit this again before we freeze over.

The beaver tabs were all a solid measured 7-9 inches down. Could this beach have been cherry picked of any silver coins in the past, or maybe the coins are deeper? Or maybe there are just no deep coins?! This is keeping me up at night.
Here is the beach. It’s not sand. It is fine crushed rock with some larger rocks mixed in.

0FED62F9-9A07-413B-9B24-19A155E4E82A_zpsjpjkrkxe.jpg

8DCDD9FC-6A75-4B28-BC8D-0FA24C461220_zpszqy9cm5e.jpg

It's all about volume of depositors (people). Out here in Oregon we have soo many places to swim and recreate that there are zero places that people congregate in large volumes for extended periods of time. It's a blessing when you want some semi privacy but it's sucks for us dirt pirates!

If theres old pull tabs like that then theres a chance for more goodies...thats my thought. I would hop in that water and go as deep as you can and chase any signal that you come across. I bet theres a ring or two in there for sure.

It's all about volume of depositors (people). Out here in Oregon we have soo many places to swim and recreate that there are zero places that people congregate in large volumes for extended periods of time. It's a blessing when you want some semi privacy but it's sucks for us dirt pirates!

This beach is always packed in the summer months. There should be some goodies, unless someone swept up the good targets right when swimming season ended. Either way I am determined. I have a 2 hour break in the rain this afternoon where I will try for some deep whisper targets.

This beach is always packed in the summer months. There should be some goodies, unless someone swept up the good targets right when swimming season ended. Either way I am determined. I have a 2 hour break in the rain this afternoon where I will try for some deep whisper targets.
the beach is not big...
in such a ground and a closed freshwater reservoir heavy objects do not go deep, a maximum of 4-5 inches.
first of all it is necessary to pay attention to the underwater zone with a depth of about 3 feet! :yes:
In such a ground, you need a scoop with a sharp nose and large holes
Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hit that place HARD - if your gut feeling says there is good stuff then go out as deep as possible and dig EVERYTHING...… you'll then have peace and able to sleep...………. if that doesn't calm the nerves then get some snuba gear and go deeper...…

GL & HH

Im not seeing anything heavy there...... are you discriminating..... and what machine are you using? Got to be some stuff in the water. Even if your box isnt water proof you should be able to wade there. It is possible its been renurished as mentioned. Thats a boat dock......that often means shore fishing as well..... should be some sinker for sure. Cleanest little out of the way beach ive seen if its busy. Try hunting more of the shore line or near the grass area just where the sand starts.

That's a small area, I would make it my goal to go there and dig say 100 targets and see what turns up in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom