I Almost Didn't Go Detecting Today

I loaded up my SUV last night with my detectors and gear so I could get an early start. I didn't sleep worth a flip last night so when morning rolled around I just laid in bed and watched the Sun come up. I finally got up and drank a few cups of coffee and ate a bowl of oatmeal. My wife said since I wasn't going detecting I could go to the grocery store with her. I told her that I was going detecting.

Anyhow the first site I went to was a mid-fifties home that I have pounded before. There wasn't much left except for few pennies and one silver Rosie dime, so I decide to head out to another site that I haven't detected. It was another mid-fifties home.

Right off the bat I got my search coil over another Rosie dime and started finding a bunch of wheat pennies. I detected that yard for a couple of hours before deciding to head for the house. I managed to find 4 silver coins out of that yard. I was impressed how well the CTX was finding nickels. I found a total of 8 with one being a War Nickel.

beephead

this is the motivating part:

My wife said since I wasn't going detecting I could go to the grocery store with her. I told her that I was going detecting.

I don't mind going to the store by myself, but hate to tag along with my wife. Seems like a useless waste of time. Most time I just wait in the car listening to music and planning my next hunt while she is shopping.

Back
Top Bottom