of others if anybody has one.HH

Attachments

• Safe 001.jpg
    Safe 001.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 518
  • Safe 003.jpg
    Safe 003.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 523
Thats sweet! Would have been even better if it came with the items displayed in the last photo!

Man that thing is retro... amazing the door pins are on the outside. Sweet grab :yes:
Great buy!
I saw an old one once that had hinges exposed, and thought the same thing, cut the hinges off, but the design also had locking bolts that extended out both the left and right side of the door, so cutting the hinges would get a thief nowhere.

I missed on one at an auction some time ago that was a cool old "wall safe" design, complete, working, with combination and all. Went for $5.......:mad:
Would have been so cool in a cement wall in the basement. With a painting hanging in front of it, like in the movies......:lol:

I have been searching around for a vintage floor safe for my office, and I can tell you that those go for $150 and up!

Well done!

Outside hinges

That safe has the four bolts that go out both sides of the doors... so removing hinges does nothing but use up valuable time and expensive gas for the torch. Good purchase. You got lucky though if you actually shut the door after writing the combination down.... should have locked it "open" a few times to make sure.....

Awesome safe!! Only negative thing is that depending on the age, it may or may not be fireproof. Its really neat, but in a fire it may not protect your valuables :/

Back
Top Bottom