Strange place to find silver?

Bounty Hunter 40

All the research i do for finding older items, I never would of guessed this one! Recently I was moving a sofa for my mother- in- law from her living room to the basement den. It was a heavy sectional and had to be seperated to move. Me and my brother-in-law moved three sections to the basement. I went up to get the middle section. I turned it onto it's side and the cushion fell out. I picked up the cushion to throw it down the steps. I went back to the sofa section and there it was on the floor. A 1936 Walking Liberty Half! No one in the family has any idea where it came from or who lost it there! I have never found one of those metal detecting! But I'll take it, it saved me some digging!!:lol:

Attachments

• Scan_1.jpg
    Scan_1.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 539
Better get out digging while your having such good luck , it might wear off soon . congrats great find .

HH Harold

Very nice. I once found a 40's merc, several wheats and a steel cent in an old couch I was throwing away. It didn't have removable cushins and I believe this is why the money got trapped.

HAHA!!! I found my oldest wheatie sitting on the ledge of the taco truck at the flee market.......You never know:wow::wow::wow:

Kool Story! Another guy had the same thing happen to him, he lifted up the cusion to his mom's, mom's old chair from the Civil War, and out of the cushion came 5 1865 Dollar Bills. What a coincidence! Great Find! Happy Hunting!

--Austin

I found one too!

This past weekend my wife and I were at our weekend place in northern Wisconsin. (I left my Ace 250 home of course) as I was filling my water tank I happened to look down and spotted what looked like a coin, picked it up and it was a 36 walking liberty. I'll go back with my detector this coming weekend.

Back
Top Bottom