• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

*Garrett Edge Digger*

Zippi

I received my Garrett Edge Digger today. I gotta say I'm very impressed with the quality. No way of breaking or bending this tool like I did the wife's garden tools. The blade is made out of 1/8" thick steel. Glad I got it today. I'm going away from the backyard on my first hunt tomorrow. No pin pointer yet as I haven't made up my mind on which one but I just want to get out and see what I can find with my new LRP.

Attachments

• 20190322_152458.jpg
    20190322_152458.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 904
  • 20190322_152513.jpg
    20190322_152513.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 888
Wow! Those pictures, however telling, are pretty hilarious. I think I could lever up the front end of my pickup with my Lesche if I had the strength. :laughing:

Wow! Those pictures, however telling, are pretty hilarious. I think I could lever up the front end of my pickup with my Lesche if I had the strength. :laughing:
Nah... The "bent" digger is a model 34. They come in different angles to ensure your hole will be the shape you want.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I have one myself, I have bent the tip a little but took some effort to do that, They are very dull but a few minutes on the grinder will fix that real quick and it cuts a plug much better that way.

I recently bought 1 because my dad has it and it seems quality but I also bought an 18” mini Sampson for the real hard digging, got the holster so hanging from my belt it reaches just above my knee and I’m 5’8”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No offense meant but the garrett, whites and several others are all copies of Lesche. If you can pickup a Lesche, I would highly recommend it.

No offense meant but the garrett, whites and several others are all copies of Lesche. If you can pickup a Lesche, I would highly recommend it.

^^^This.

The others from what I've experienced or witnessed don't fit the bill

I appreciate the response from everyone. I guess everyone's situation is different whether it be clay, loose soil, Rocky, or wet. For me it seems to be working fine so only time will tell. Also have my Garrett Pinpointer Pro AT coming in today.

I bought an off brand and compared it to a friends Garret. They are exactly the same minus the Garret stamping. As said it is very dull until you sharpen it. I’m going to mod it, put a curve in the blade but not like the pics above! Nothing i have found digs better in packed gravel or dirt that is packed with gravel or small rocks.

I found that if I touch up the serrations on a grinder just right it cuts the grass roots much better. If you want to dig tree roots there is a shovel on Amazon with saw blades on both side that will saw through the roots. It is hard to pry the root out of the ground.

I had a Garrett edge Digger and while it was a decent digging tool it had a few minor problems. First thing was that the tip got dull after only a little bit of use. Secondly, the plastic on top of the digger wore out and came apart and the pouch was totally shot in no time at all. I bought a White's Digmaster and it's a lot better than the Garrett. Tip stays sharp, The coating on the handle is a lot tougher and there's no wearing out of the top of the handle and though the sheath has split, it lasted longer than the Garret sheath. Fixed it with duct tape.

I had a Garrett edge Digger and while it was a decent digging tool it had a few minor problems. First thing was that the tip got dull after only a little bit of use. Secondly, the plastic on top of the digger wore out and came apart and the pouch was totally shot in no time at all. I bought a White's Digmaster and it's a lot better than the Garrett. Tip stays sharp, The coating on the handle is a lot tougher and there's no wearing out of the top of the handle and though the sheath has split, it lasted longer than the Garret sheath. Fixed it with duct tape.
Yeah....they just don't make things like they use to. Back in the day a manufacture use to try and make things that would last for ever. Now a days they try and make things last for a short period of time so you have to spend more money for a new one. It's all about the ole mighty $. We have to deal with what is put in front of us these days.

I use a Hori-Hori knife. My first version lasted around thirty years. There was nothing wrong with it but it was getting short from being sharpened all that time. My newer version has a guard which the other didn't. It seems stong and I hope it lasts half as long as my original.

Back
Top Bottom