Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > What's the Value? > CRHing

Old 07-29-2021, 08:49 PM
Official Tot Lot King

Default Back again this week with something worth posting! Pics now updated!

Well, KT never gives up! After last week's sorry CRH, KT was back at the bank for 2 boxes today.

Box 1 - 1 pretty 2003 clad Proof!

Box 2 - 3 40%Ag Kens!...67, 68, and 69....

No use giving the total as you just read it!

Got the pics to prove it, too!

Just keep goin' and never quit, unless the bank runs out of boxes!

NOTE: Look near the end of the thread for better pictures!
Attached Images

Last edited by KingTotsalot; 07-31-2021 at 06:45 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2021, 09:22 PM
Elite Member

One day, someone from your banks will log into FMDF and say "Hey, I think I know that guy, isn't he the one that has 2500$ in coins all the time?"

John 8:32

Equinox 800, Vanquish 440, Garrett Pro Pointer, Trex 9.5 Scoop
Tell the truth, and only of the truth.

Old 07-29-2021, 10:09 PM
Elite Member

Smile

Congratulations on the neat recoveries!

Matthew 6:19-21 ~ 2021: 61 Clad coins ($2.98) ~ 2 Wheats ~ 2 Silver Coins
Totals: 770 Clad Coins ($48.79) ~ Wheats: 5 ~ Silver Coins: 2

2 Tokens ~ 5 Foreign ~ Oldest Coin: 1945 Wheatie
Garrett Treasure Ace 300 ~ Harbor Freight 9 Function ~ BH Jr ~ GP-Pointer

Old 07-29-2021, 11:20 PM
Official Tot Lot King

Originally Posted by Metal detecto View post
One day, someone from your banks will log into FMDF and say "Hey, I think I know that guy, isn't he the one that has 2500$ in coins all the time?"
Royal thanks for your comment, Metal detecto! But if they only look back! Otherwise, hey, is this the guy with $1000 of coins a week?

Originally Posted by Wolf-Dog View post
Congratulations on the neat recoveries!
Royal thanks, Wolf-Dog! It was certainly pleasing to pick up those silvers this week!

Old 07-30-2021, 06:28 PM
Supporter

Congrats KT!

"My batteries are low and it's getting dark."
Oldest coin: 1847 Large Cent, 1853 Seated Liberty Quarter. 2021 Silver Coins- 4, IHP's- 1

Old 07-30-2021, 08:14 PM
Official Tot Lot King

Originally Posted by CallMeGrey View post
Congrats KT!
Royal Thanks, CallMeGrey, and a Royal Apology for another set of crappy pictures! KT took them around 5 times and they still are crappy.

Old 07-30-2021, 08:24 PM
Supporter

Congrats on the three 40%ers!

Oldest coin: 1760 Colonial Half Penny; Oldest US coin: 1787 NJ Copper; Oldest US silver coin: 1811/09 Capped Bust Dime; 2019 FTY Clad: $1,347.59; 2020 FTY Clad: $1,635.36
Most coin record amounts found on one single various of days: Quarters-165; Dimes-103; Nickels-53. 2021 FTY Silvers: 30

Old 07-30-2021, 10:58 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by KingTotsalot View post
Well, KT never gives up! After last week's sorry CRH, KT was back at the bank for 2 boxes today.

Box 1 - 1 pretty 2003 clad Proof!

Box 2 - 3 40%Ag Kens!...67, 68, and 69....

No use giving the total as you just read it!

Got the pics to prove it, too!

Just keep goin' and never quit, unless the bank runs out of boxes!
Congrats on the silver KT!
Boo hiss on the photos! Methinks his royal camera is suffering from presbyopia and or cataracts!

Old 07-31-2021, 02:07 AM
Official Tot Lot King

Originally Posted by JAK View post
Congrats on the three 40%ers!
Royal Thanks, JAK! The 1969 looks like it came out of mint roll, and the other two cleaned up nicely!

Originally Posted by TorqueMaster View post
Congrats on the silver KT!
Boo hiss on the photos! Methinks his royal camera is suffering from presbyopia and or cataracts!
Me thinketh you are correct, TorqueMaster! This camera takes great portraits and outdoors images but may be on its last legs for close up work. A few more crappy pictures like these and KT will issue a Royal Edict for its dismissal! May put it out to pasture and see what else is available.

Old 07-31-2021, 02:03 PM
Supporter

Nice trio there KT!

EQX800, Dos Compadres : 2021 (Total (4/13 to date)) - Clad: $30.12 ($1110.56), Silver coins: 8 (50), Wheats: 21 (164), Gold: 0 (27), Plat: 0 (1), .925 8 (96), Rings: 12 (246), Oldest Coins: 1919,20 wheats, 1921 Ten Centavos Filipinas; Chinese cash coin

Old 07-31-2021, 02:20 PM
Supporter

[QUOTE=KingTotsalot

Me thinketh you are correct, TorqueMaster! This camera takes great portraits and outdoors images but may be on its last legs for close up work. A few more crappy pictures like these and KT will issue a Royal Edict for its dismissal! May put it out to pasture and see what else is available.[/QUOTE]

It's nice to see his Highness back in a success mode , congrats ! I have similar issues indoors with my camera but I am thinking in my case it's me . I attribute it to not holding the camera at the correct angle for a good focus ,
improper lighting and the old hands not quite as steady as they used to be .I do wish my camera had a little lighter "trigger pull " when I'm snapping the picture . Sometimes it gets tiring deleting all the failed pictures I took
just trying to get a somewhat decent one .

Old 07-31-2021, 03:52 PM
Official Tot Lot King

Originally Posted by GroundSweeper View post
Nice trio there KT!
Royal Thanks, GroundSweeper! KT does like em, too!

Originally Posted by Soil Surgeon View post
It's nice to see his Highness back in a success mode , congrats ! I have similar issues indoors with my camera but I am thinking in my case it's me . I attribute it to not holding the camera at the correct angle for a good focus ,
improper lighting and the old hands not quite as steady as they used to be .I do wish my camera had a little lighter "trigger pull " when I'm snapping the picture . Sometimes it gets tiring deleting all the failed pictures I took
just trying to get a somewhat decent one .
Me thinks ye are correct, likely operator error here in the Castle also. KT has recently taken some decent pictures of fluorescing rocks and minerals with this camera, but it is mounted on a tripod then, and KT uses a flat black background, rather than being hand held and using a white background. KT will do a bit of playing around with the tripod set up to see if He can get some better pics! That might be quicker and cheaper than buying a new camera and having to learn all its ins and outs!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:58 PM
Official Tot Lot King

Royal Thanks, GroundSweeper! KT does like em, too!

Me thinks ye are correct, likely operator error here in the Castle also. KT has recently taken some decent pictures of fluorescing rocks and minerals with this camera, but it is mounted on a tripod then, and KT uses a flat black background, rather than being hand held and using a white background. KT will do a bit of playing around with the tripod set up to see if He can get some better pics! That might be quicker and cheaper than buying a new camera and having to learn all its ins and outs!
OK, KT took several pictures of the same coins posted at the start of this thread. And found out a couple of things...1. It is NOT the camera! HA HA
2. Not superlative pictures, but certainly adequate for weekly forum postings.

These were taken with natural light with the camera on a tripod, picture that was best of the 40%ers was using the camera flash. Seems to autofocus much better using the flash. Picture of the proof....took 6 of them with different lighting conditions, camera definitely should not use the autoflash on proofs. Shows the mint mark in reasonable focus but the coin looks a bit unnatural after trying to eliminate some of the glare, but still the coin is in better focus. KT has learned his shaky Royal Hands are fine for outdoor images but for coins, forget it, gonna be using a tripod from here on out!

Here are the pictures:
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2021, 03:20 PM
Elite Member

OK, KT took several pictures of the same coins posted at the start of this thread. And found out a couple of things...1. It is NOT the camera! HA HA
2. Not superlative pictures, but certainly adequate for weekly forum postings.
Ok, great experimentation and great photos KT! Glad to help out with a little good-natured royal ribbing, lol. Proofs are a pain -- I recall trying to get the angle just right so nothing glares in the mirror finish, *and* get the focus to behave...not for the faint of heart. Looks good -- we can see the smudges and scratches in the mirror finish -- definitely worthy of ye royal photo album.

Old 08-01-2021, 04:25 PM
Official Tot Lot King

Originally Posted by TorqueMaster View post
Ok, great experimentation and great photos KT! Glad to help out with a little good-natured royal ribbing, lol. Proofs are a pain -- I recall trying to get the angle just right so nothing glares in the mirror finish, *and* get the focus to behave...not for the faint of heart. Looks good -- we can see the smudges and scratches in the mirror finish -- definitely worthy of ye royal photo album.
Royal Thanks, TorqueMaster! His Majesty especially likes that the silver 40%ers look silver in the photo! Lol. Yep, everyone knows that no matter how good a proof looks to the naked eye, it will show the pitfalls and problems of having been in circulation! Nicks, dinks, scratches, rubs and all.

Old 08-01-2021, 06:40 PM
Supporter

Congrats KT! And really nice pictures!

"My batteries are low and it's getting dark."
Oldest coin: 1847 Large Cent, 1853 Seated Liberty Quarter. 2021 Silver Coins- 4, IHP's- 1

Old 08-01-2021, 08:26 PM
Official Tot Lot King

Originally Posted by CallMeGrey View post
Congrats KT! And really nice pictures!
Royal Thanks, CallMeGrey! KT is going to try this new method on His Royal Finds from now on!

Old 08-01-2021, 08:47 PM
Elite Member

Okay, those are some proper pictures! Maybe the royal camera man was replaced?

Josh

John 8:32

Equinox 800, Vanquish 440, Garrett Pro Pointer, Trex 9.5 Scoop
Tell the truth, and only of the truth.

Old 08-02-2021, 01:06 AM
Official Tot Lot King

Originally Posted by Metal detecto View post
Okay, those are some proper pictures! Maybe the royal camera man was replaced?

Josh
In a way, you are correct! Replaced by a tripod!

Old 08-03-2021, 09:50 PM

I always read your crh threads, it's fun to watch the quest to fill the royal coffers! 3 more saved from a grueling life of being passed from peasant to peasant as payment for bread, potatoes or some such thing.