The mystery box!

MY dad says MRE's are good, and I should try some one day.

Cool find!

Josh

Sounds like your dad has some jokes :lol:

It really wasn't horrible, but remember most items are lacking any kind of moisture. So the flavor is pretty off from normal.

Like the other guy stated, early version of MRE that was upgraded in the 90's with better quality and menu. I ate a lot of them in Germany 83-85, Chicken-ala-King was my fav. Just set it on a hot manifold for a few minutes, awesome! I knew one guy that ate so many of them early on a field-X, just to get out of it. Them MRE's locked him up so bad, had to be taken back to the post medical, cleaned him out and brought him right back to the field. Agony!!!!

KT speculates that you found some survivalist food stash. Now that poor soul will starve to death while trying to get from his home to his bug out camp! Do him a favor....fill it back up with fresh twinkies, put in a moisture dry pack and an oxygen removal pack, and bury it back where you found it! Who knows, in a few more years you may save that poor guys life! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
Or stick a couple McD cheeseburgers in there, few years later they’ll still look just like the day they were stashed!

Back
Top Bottom