I'm Befuddled

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
So yesterday I decided to try and get one more hunt in was hoping for a great tide again with the wind blowing out but when I got to beach it was blowing in wrong direction but I decided I drove that far I might as well try...

I tumbled all the clad so its why its pretty clean. I had a V nickel but I tumbled it and then I can't remember what I did with it... I might have spent it at the store lol...

The silver ring was a high tone sounded like a quarter... I am pretty sure the stone is mother of pearl its very iridescent with pinks, greens and so on... ring weight 7.4 grams has a maker mark of a circle and design ying yang instead of dots there is K over G.

The dental bridge was a low tone and its here I am befuddled... it was a 11/12 on the NOX.. it scratches yellow and a silvery color it will acid test up to 14k but melts away after that at 18k was talking to a friend I asked him if they mixed gold with mercury or something else... its 6.6 grams its heavy for its size but really have no clue what metal is...

Attachments

• IMG_1717.jpg
    IMG_1717.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 636
  • IMG_1719.jpg
    IMG_1719.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_1718.jpg
    IMG_1718.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_1720.jpg
    IMG_1720.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 620
Even the paperclip looks silver. Pics of silver ring are not good. Can't read the stamp or see the iridescence. Could the bridge be platinum ? What I'm most curious about is that red stick. Is that your vape ? Pepper spray or stun gun ? Or possibly your lipstick ? What is that....

Even the paperclip looks silver. Pics of silver ring are not good. Can't read the stamp or see the iridescence. Could the bridge be platinum ? What I'm most curious about is that red stick. Is that your vape ? Pepper spray or stun gun ? Or possibly your lipstick ? What is that....

I'm not reposting pictures.

Its my magnet I use to check scrap I pick up to take to scrapper...

Does it look like your lipstick? :lol:

I don't think any non precious metals can survive 14k acid test?
It could be a type of alloy they call "encore"
48% Gold, 40% Palladium, 4.3% Zinc, 3.9% Tin, 3.75% Indium, 0.05% Rhenium
or maybe " Argelite SR+"
79% Palladium, 8.4% Tin, 5.0% Cobalt, 5.0% Gallium, 2.0% Gold, 0.6% Ruthenium

or maybe " Argelite SR+"

I was talking with a friend tonight... I mentioned I thought it was gold and mercury.. he agreed but added a powdered metal was most likely added as well... he also believes its quite old and would be worth just holding onto it... I had no plans on selling for melt I don't melt my old gold, not going to melt this.. I have found quite a number of gold teeth and melted gold at this spot I have hunted over the years.

You can be correct as well.. that is why I said I was befuddled ;)

Got me on this one, but I like the mixture of several metals. And they mixed mercury with dental pieces? Never knew that..

Got me on this one, but I like the mixture of several metals. And they mixed mercury with dental pieces? Never knew that..

For sure... I had my silver fillings removed because of the mercury... I used to watch the dentist make them... a nice blob of mercury added to the powdered silver...

Let me guess...all you got is gold in your mouth.....and running in your veins.

Ones i took like that to the scrapper sold for 16K gold. Yes they used Mercury in with gold dental work. Lady at church almost died having a filled tooth drilled that had mercury in it. I put the Buffalos back in circulation. First few were exciting. Now not so much.:lol:

Ones i took like that to the scrapper sold for 16K gold. Yes they used Mercury in with gold dental work. Lady at church almost died having a filled tooth drilled that had mercury in it. I put the Buffalos back in circulation. First few were exciting. Now not so much.:lol:

There is no reason to keep these coins after they have been in saltwater so I put them back in including the wheat pennies unless its a key date coin... I spent 4 more buffalos at McDonalds getting a diet coke... I try not to eat there... not much on menu I would eat there anyway... :lol:

For sure... I had my silver fillings removed because of the mercury... I used to watch the dentist make them... a nice blob of mercury added to the powdered silver...
My silver fillings were removed years ago as well.

My silver fillings were removed years ago as well.

I think mine were left in too long :lol: Are you still on your paddle about?

Mercury is poisonous to your body and it definitely should not be in your mouth. The longer you have silver fillings in your mouth, the more mercury you likely have in your body and the more it will affect your health. Although it will be difficult to remove the mercury already in your system, you can prevent it from continuing to build.

https://sfgreendentist.com/the-dange...g to build.

or maybe " Argelite SR+"

After you mentioned platinum I decided to take my bridge to my gold buyer... I asked to test for platinum it was not platinum the streak vanished right away... then they used 18k acid and it held... they said its white gold most likely mixed with mercury... I don't know why my acid didn't work I will replace my acids as I have had them quite a while... I thought maybe it could be plat based on its weight...

Mercury isn’t that odd to put into someone’s mouth? Sure it’s not nickel mixed with gold?

Mercury isn’t that odd to put into someone’s mouth? Sure it’s not nickel mixed with gold?

Hw about I send it to you and you use it for 6 months tell me tell us what you think :lol: You may have to grind down a few teeth though to get it to fit :yes:

Well if the effects are your hair falls out …. Mines already gone 😂. But yes send it to me …. I’ll have mid-west test it for me.

Well if the effects are your hair falls out …. Mines already gone 😂. But yes send it to me …. I’ll have mid-west test it for me.

Do I get a cut? :lol: I mean I showed you what I dig in... I'm doing all the work :yes:

That ring is pretty cool. I see your using a Excal now. You used to have a PI. I still got my PI but it hasn't been wet in a while.

I sold my PI when I changed from hunting active beaches to old no longer used beaches and waterfront properties that i know were beaches back in the day but no longer are... these spots hold a lot of ferrous targets and the Dual Field was collecting dust so I sold it..

I sold my PI when I changed from hunting active beaches to old no longer used beaches and waterfront properties that i know were beaches back in the day but no longer are... these spots hold a lot of ferrous targets and the Dual Field was collecting dust so I sold it..

I've been eyeing the Excal for years but just haven't got one. Always wanted a sovereign GT back in the day...but didn't get one of those either. lol.

Back
Top Bottom