* Gold Coin *

meggie

Elite Member
Just had a 2 day hunt with my hunting buddy Dion.
Targets were scarce but did snag a
1866 penny, 1917 Shilling, 1912 Threepence a couple of small silver signet rings and this this Beauty a 1908 Half Sovereign.
I didn't get the sovereign at first.
I dug a huge hole chasing a #15 target.After about 5 minutes I was so exhausted & sweaty with the humidity and the hole was full of water too, that I walked away.A few minutes later Dion said how did you go? I said I didn't get it but you know what I'm going back to try again.
I re-checked the hole, it was still there.After a couple of scoops it had disappeared (must be on edge) one more scoop and I had it in my hand .. you beauty!

Attachments

• 20211202_082544.jpg
    20211202_082544.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 390
  • 20211203_111209.jpg
    20211203_111209.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 391
Nice find for sure! it's my goal to find a gold coin, heck I just want to find a silver coin. I got to get back out there and do more swingin.

Ahhhhh ( angelic type ) you are celebrity status now! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTG Brian! What a Beauty!! I will never walk away from another hole with a deep target still in there... :digginahole:

Congrats man, that's WAY up there on many lists. I've only found one gold coin over the years and it was smaller than that...

Most of us would love to find just one Gold coin, This is your second...... :bowdown:

That is awesome :thumbsup:

WTG Brian! What a Beauty!! I will never walk away from another hole with a deep target still in there... :digginahole:

9999/10000 it's just a pull tab you're pushing into the sand, but every now and then someone meggies it.

Back
Top Bottom