Gold, silvers and a .925

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
Today, I hunted a school's general purpose sports field. I have been to this location many times. It's like my go to place when I just want to just take it easy.

I was focusing on mid tones today. I probably found enough metal pencil eraser heads to start a pencil recycling company.

The day started off finding the two silver dimes a merc. and a Rosie in the same hole that were masked by a corroded cent and a nickel.

By mid day, I found a small .925 earring.

Later in the day is when I found a 10K gold ring that rang up a solid 13. It was about 6-7" in the ground. From finding all those nickels today, it was a nice reward to finally find a goldie mixed in with them!

My silver total FTY is now at 37. It is amazing how some days it all comes together. Thanks for checking out my latest thread!

Attachments

• IMG_2516.jpg
    IMG_2516.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_2517.jpg
    IMG_2517.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_2518.jpg
    IMG_2518.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_2521.jpg
    IMG_2521.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 276
Nice gold ring John, congrats, and to the silvers as well. Glad to see you had an easy day.:lol: Those erasers get me every time. The tone and #s are good, you hafta dig them. Thats a great go to spot. Good luck, Mark

Thank you!

Great day JAK! Congrats on the silver and 10k.

Steve

Thanks Steve! Some how the ground conditions were just right for those mid tones. I was nicely surprised when I found that ring.

Nice gold ring John, congrats, and to the silvers as well. Glad to see you had an easy day.:lol: Those erasers get me every time. The tone and #s are good, you hafta dig them. Thats a great go to spot. Good luck, Mark

Thanks Mark! When I least expected it, that's when those better finds are recovered. Yep, you are right about those eraser bands. And those beaver tails seem to always get me too. But most times I have to dig them just to be sure and this time it paid off. I have to say, I was real lucky finding those two dimes that were nicely masked.

That’s a banner day JAK! Congrats! I always dig mid tones that have solid numbers. You never know when gold will turn up.

Thank you!

That’s a banner day JAK! Congrats! I always dig mid tones that have solid numbers. You never know when gold will turn up.

Thanks NCtoad! Gold has been lean with me this year. It was nice to finally find another piece before the year-end. If anything, I can always go back and dig some more clad...lol.

Thank you!

Congrats on a super group of finds.....

Thanks diggin4clad! I am glad I was able to switch things up a bit from the usual clad finds.

That is one awesome hunt! Love the old gold ring and silvers!

Thanks GroundSweeper! Incidentally, if you look closely the back side of the ring guard it is cracked/broken and it still rang up as a 13. Once in a great moon I get lucky and find some of the real good metals.

Thank you!

Looks like you really worked for all those goodies, great job!

Thanks zeemang! You are absolutely correct. I was kind of forcing myself to digging more of those trash kind of signals. I was just lucky to putting the coil in the right spot that time.

Sweet finds, JAK! That gold signet ring is very cool!

Thanks TommyJay! The gold ring looks older since it has script type initials engraved into it and a bit deep in the ground too. And as we all know, the good stuff is many times mixed in with the pesty junk.

Back
Top Bottom