Gettysburg Breast Plate 2017

owena1

I’ve been locked out of here for awhile but now I’m back for good!

This was NO DOUBT my best find of 2017 and probably the best of my life so far.

Found this Union breast plate just outside of Gettysburg this past August on a 4 day trip I took from New Hampshire. What makes it even better is that It is my first and only Civil War relic, still yet to find my first CW bullet. Still can’t believe It!

eaee22856db5bbf37f37588b3d007866.jpg

fdaa8237619c611fa74e8c430bc8bb0d.jpg
d51da771c15d2f82c9b062122ef68d21.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome find. It will be hard to top that unless you find a Confederate one also then you can place them side-by-side and a shadow box.

I suspect that you will find bullets there, also - even if it was just a camp and not part of a battle site, there will be drops, and lot of other odds and ends (thimbles, harmonica reeds, forks, buttons etc.)

That is freaking awesome! I want some civil war relics sooooo bad! Congrats on a killer find!

Awesome find. It will be hard to top that unless you find a Confederate one also then you can place them side-by-side and a shadow box.

Finding a confederate one would be out of this world

I suspect that you will find bullets there, also - even if it was just a camp and not part of a battle site, there will be drops, and lot of other odds and ends (thimbles, harmonica reeds, forks, buttons etc.)

I spent 3 days there and that was the only one i found. On the other side of the creek i found a horse rein and some charcoal from a union campsite. May have been hit already

Back
Top Bottom