Cheap metal detector

randy grider

Anybody ever try the el cheap from China that cost like $36 shipped on EBay. For that price, I had to try it. It does detect metal, just have not had a chance to run it yet.

Probably.. but the toxic chemicals in the handle will make your hand rot off.

No..seriously. I bought a pair of garden gloves that were made in China and they started making my hands itch and I threw them away. Hands are still itching and its been weeks ago.

For the amount of time I get to detect (very little) with my too busy lifestyle, I feel like having a decent machine (Compadre on up) isn’t too much of a financial stretch to not feel like I’m risking wasting my time and not getting full enjoyment out of this hobby.

I don’t see a single thing wrong (aside from potential intellectual property theft) with the idea if you have the time and interest however, for me, that’s why I won’t be doing that anytime soon.

..... I feel like having a decent machine (Compadre on up) isn’t too much of a financial stretch to not feel like I’m risking wasting my time and not getting full enjoyment out of this hobby. ....
(

Agree 100% and even after 10-20 years you can usually recoup most of the purchase price back (all if bought used) by selling it.

The Teknetics Eurotek is a US made quality machine and a lot of detector for the money. It’s available direct from Teknetics and if you have a discount code it’s $149 (your favorite dealer can give you one - or just use 1485) .

As you put more effort in to the hobby you start asking yourself if I'm going to invest my body, legs, back, shoulder etc in to all this work I want the better or best machine I can afford.

The Teknetics Eurotek is a US made quality machine and a lot of detector for the money. It’s available direct from Teknetics and if you have a discount code it’s $149 (your favorite dealer can give you one - or just use 1485) .

This. All the way.

If you buy cheap you may not get the full benefit of detecting. Also if all you are finding is very shallow fresh drops then you will not be getting the targets that make you smile. I started out with a high quality machine and once I learned the machine I love the hobby. Also you can sell a quality machine .
quicker and closer to cost than you will be able to do with one of those pieces of Chinese Z*&*&

it was not the gloves
it was what was inside them poison oak
china is know for that in cheap gloves
it is part of the trump deal with kim jung uen..

If you buy cheap you may not get the full benefit of detecting. Also if all you are finding is very shallow fresh drops then you will not be getting the targets that make you smile. I started out with a high quality machine and once I learned the machine I love the hobby. Also you can sell a quality machine .
quicker and closer to cost than you will be able to do with one of those pieces of Chinese Z*&*&

No doubt, this is spot on. If you’re looking to just find a ring quick and you know it’s on top of the grass, then cheapo might work. IF you’re looking to get into the hobby for a HOBBY....do ALOT more reading about them. As with anything, having a great piece of equipment that is central to what you’re doing makes that “anything” a whole lot more pleasurable. Buy the best you can afford right now if you’re looking “long term”.

Back
Top Bottom