More Silver + Yet Another Bucket Lister!

dopeitstom

Hey all!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I'm currently on a 4 day silver streak - let's recap. Friday found a 1919 Merc, Saturday a 1907 barber, at the same site. Check my thread from earlier this weekend.

On Sunday, I went out to an old park here in Chicago to meet up with some other detectorists in the area. This was my first time ever detecting with other people, and it was a lot of fun. We talked about our recent finds, our detecting history, some of our spots, and tips/tricks. Then we went out, hunted, and shared our finds with each other. Great day! I found a 1917 wheat, silver earring, CTA token, and some other goodies.

Yesterday, I got back out to my nearby site that keeps producing, and my second target was this 1941 Washington quarter, my first silver quarter. I love it a lot. Gonna keep pounding this spot!

Thanks for looking!!

TRo0esB.jpg

SvBXJaV.jpg

ftnASNP.jpg

FzHotmH.jpg

tPlaS1x.jpg

LrgPHni.jpg

Wow ! You are on a roll. Congrats on the GW, sterling, wheat and other goodies. My favorite is the CTA token. That one is on my list. I used to listen to Chicago Transit Authority, lol, till someone bitched and they had to change their name to Chicago. Great band. Attaboy and I hope the silver train chugs on for you all year. Good luck. Mark

After 10+ years of heavy hunting and 3-4 thousand hours in the field it never fails to absolutely amaze me what is buried in the ground. Who wouldn’t want to go hunt treasure that you can just take home? And some of it is somewhat valuable! It’s literally EVERYWHERE, in different concentrations of course. Just going and looking can make for a good day, obviously what you have going on right there!🤠

Congrats on the silvers! Chi-town is old dirt, so you should find some Barbers and Seateds too.

..... my second target was this 1941 Washington quarter, my first silver quarter.....

You are now a member of the exclusive and elite "silver quarter club".

Bucket listers will fly past. Soon it will be a half. Then a silver dollar. Then a gold coin, etc... Within a few years, any gold coin newer than 1850 will bore you to tears ! :cool3:

Back
Top Bottom