Dump Silver

Yeah a BIG 10-4 on that!

I had found three small dumps this Spring, but all three were disappointments, hence, no posts from me. (Plus I've been super busy working at the local Historical Society). Most every bottle that was any good was either food bottles, Clorox, ketchup. And the deco sodas and milks have all been broken. I still have more spots to check so maybe we'll luck out yet this year. I did find this Coke flavored soda from Gary, Ind., three ACL sodas, and another 1880s-90s D. Jayne's Expectorant (Cough Syrup).

Those are nice. I enjoy finding brands I’ve never heard of….like every one of those soda bottles

Just outstanding, teotw!! A Morgan and a V stashed in a purse?? That’s beyond bucket list…and that doesn’t even include following it up with a Peace dollar! Very cool bottles, too…thanks for the write up and pics!!

A digger's dream! That coke lighter wasn't inside the purse with the V and the Morgan was it? That's a mystery right there. Then the 1926 Peace dollar in close proximity? Wild haul!

This is just something I semi-recollect, but is there some technique of letting recently dug ACL bottles sit for a while before attempting to clean them to avoid paint loss? Seems like i saw discussion of that on a beer can and bottle digging forum.

A digger's dream! That coke lighter wasn't inside the purse with the V and the Morgan was it? That's a mystery right there. Then the 1926 Peace dollar in close proximity? Wild haul!

It was. All the trash was mid century and the purse was synthetic. A definite mystery…. Must have been her lucky coins…

This is just something I semi-recollect, but is there some technique of letting recently dug ACL bottles sit for a while before attempting to clean them to avoid paint loss? Seems like i saw discussion of that on a beer can and bottle digging forum.

I guess it couldn’t hurt to try! Sometimes they start flaking after just being exposed to air…

Just outstanding, teotw!! A Morgan and a V stashed in a purse?? That’s beyond bucket list…and that doesn’t even include following it up with a Peace dollar! Very cool bottles, too…thanks for the write up and pics!!

There have to be some more dollars! No way I just stumbled upon the only two in my little hole…

I guess it couldn’t hurt to try! Sometimes they start flaking after just being exposed to air…

Generally it depends on the type of dirt and/or drainage the ACLs are found in. They either survive right away or they don't, even if you wait. Unless one is scarce, I test 'em right away and if they fail--over the shoulder with 'em! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom