Co-worker's cache story.

trobaughokc

I was getting permission to post a ?I?ll search for your lost ring? notice in the break room yesterday, when a co-worker related this cache story to me. Her grandfather had a detector, and he often took the kids out to hunt. She said she wasn?t sure which was more exciting for him, finding things or watching the reaction of the kids when ?treasure? was hit.

Not long after her grandmother died, the grandmother?s sisters came over to bicker about who got what. The grandfather had to get out of the house, so he took his detector out to the backyard for the first time. It wasn?t long before he came back in and told my friend that something was wrong with his machine that it was going crazy. She went out with him and the unit seemed to be fine.

He took her a little farther from the house, and sure enough, the unit pegged-out on all its readings. They decided what the heck lets dig. What they found was a coffee can full of coins. But that wasn?t the end of it; they found another, and another, and another. She said it felt and looked like they dug up the whole yard.

Her grandmother had come to believe that paper wasn?t money, and didn?t trust banks, so each month she cashed her social security check, converted it to change, canned it, and buried it in the yard without the grandfather?s knowledge.

She couldn?t remember the exact amount found, but was sure it was over a thousand dollars. The house was on a double lot, and she wasn?t sure the entire property had been searched. :shock:

Where did you say that house was again, Bob? Just kidding, lol! I love hearing stories like that, they really get the imagination running wild! Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom