Info on Bottle Hunting???

Paulb

I wasn't sure where to post this.I have heard alot lately about looking for old bottle dumps and how some bottles can go for alot of money.What type of bottles are these???I remember growing up there was an old limestone quarry that ws turned into a park and on one of the hills near a busy street that I used to play on there was alot of old looking bottles.Some were small,blue colored and some were clear.I also remember finding what looked like a gold colored makeup thingy with a porceline type picture on the front of it.Unfortunately I remember smashing some of the bottles on the rocks.I think I will go there tomorrow with the Detector and see what I can find.I think people used to throw their trash down this hillside.Any help with value of bottles would be appreciated.

The market for antique bottles is very flukey. Any bottle is pretty much worth what someone is willing to pay for it, except in the case of really rare bottles. I have quite a collection of bottles that we have found while out detecting, from Coke/Pepsi bottles from the 50s, to old milk, liquor and medicine bottles.

The best place to find info on bottles is here: http://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/ Its a great forum, full of freindly, knowledgable people. Good luck on your bottle hunt, let us know how it goes, and post some pics, too!

Back
Top Bottom