FMDF-found collaborative CW bullet thread!

gtoast99

Forum Supporter
So I was reading Dsm_mechva's bullet postover in the ID section and I got a neat idea for a thread. Or at least, I think it's neat. We'll see how it goes. It's a collaborative thread (in the vein of the Military Plates thread) for CW bullet varieties. There's an awful lot of CW bullet types, so let's see how long we can make it go. It'll also serve as a nice thread to help ID's for other members.

THE RULES

- Post one bullet at a time

- The bullet must have been found by YOU

- Do not post a variety that has already been posted. Different calibers and bullet subtypes are okay.

- You may not post two bullets in a row. I know there's members who have some pretty extensive bullet collections and could take over this thread pretty quick. So in the interest of including lots of members, you can only post one at a time, and then wait for someone ELSE to post a new one before you can post again.

Alrighty, I think that's it. Aaaaaaand... go!

"57" base marked Enfield

Here are a couple of Enfield bullets I dug up recently. Its the variety with the base marked "57".

Attachments

• IMG_4261.jpg
    IMG_4261.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 603
Man, and just like the belt plate thread I can't participate! Lol. All I've got is Second Seminole War musket balls :/

Cool, glad ya'll are liking the thread!

Here's a 58 cal three ringer Washington Arsenal star base, my first one found on Cole's hill in 2011.

Who's next?

Attachments

• star base.JPG
    star base.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 508
Here's a couple of Williams Cleaner's (one intact, one not) recovered at a location near my home. It's the only two I've ever found.

072413C.jpg

Great bullets so far everyone! This is fun!!

I'll see your type 2 cleaners and raise you type 3's :P

Attachments

• cleaners.JPG
    cleaners.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 642
What about carved bullets? This one's carved into an acorn.

"Carved bullet" will count as a bullet type, and that's a great one!

lol! Well, part of it depends on where you live. I've found a bunch of only type 3's down here in NC and a few type 1's and 2's up in Virginia. While we're still speaking of cleaners, let's cross William's Cleaner type 1 off the list...

Attachments

• cleaner.jpg
    cleaner.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 454
Had to drop in with a .50 ca., Smith's Carbine.

Attachments

• IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 459
Thanks! Keep em coming folks!

Here's a still very dirty 44 Barthalow from Fredericksburg. :)

Attachments

• FBRG finds.JPG
    FBRG finds.JPG
    4 KB · Views: 438
Back
Top Bottom