Ghost town hunt during the Eclipse = Great day!

Goondock

Went to a ghost town that was in the path of eclipse totality. What an awesome day. Loved the eclipse and hearing the coyotes howling in the middle of the day. I found some cool relics to include my first ever toe tap. I also was able to snag a couple chinese cash coins which I love finding. Thanks for looking, GL and HH!

Attachments

• 20170822_110836_resized[255].jpg
    20170822_110836_resized[255].jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 327
  • 20170822_110851_resized[256].jpg
    20170822_110851_resized[256].jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 325
Nice hunt! Yeah I love finding those random Chinese Cash coins. Congrats.

Nice job with the coins and the toe tap and other stuff! Wish I could go back there again. Thanks for mailing my tent cover back to me.

Oldest coin- 1958 wheat penny.

Nice job with the coins and the toe tap and other stuff! Wish I could go back there again. Thanks for mailing my tent cover back to me.

Thanks! No big deal about the tent flap. Glad it got back to you. These finds were from a different ghost town site. I haven't been back to the other one since the big hunt.

Thanks! No big deal about the tent flap. Glad it got back to you. These finds were from a different ghost town site. I haven't been back to the other one since the big hunt.
Did not know that. Lucky to have lots of places like that. I'm still trying to learn how to get permissions and just get out more. Best of luck :-)

Great show & tell pix. I never get tired of Toe taps and Chinese cash coins. The "cash coins" always conjur up images of the wild-west when coolies where brought over to work the mines and the RR's. And they must've brought those coins over from China with them by the THOUSANDS. Because they show up at all the old mining sites, RR worker sites, china-town districts of old-town areas, etc......

thanx for posting !

That Chinese cash coin might be the oldest coin you have found. Emperor Kangxi who reigned from 1661-1722. But these coins tend to be in circulation for centuries.
Awesome, that would definitely be my oldest. Thanks for the info!
Great show & tell pix. I never get tired of Toe taps and Chinese cash coins. The "cash coins" always conjur up images of the wild-west when coolies where brought over to work the mines and the RR's. And they must've brought those coins over from China with them by the THOUSANDS. Because they show up at all the old mining sites, RR worker sites, china-town districts of old-town areas, etc......

thanx for posting !
Thanks Tom! I love old west ghost town finds of any kind.
Man I want a ghost town to hunt! Nice relics!
Thanks! Come on up!
Beautiful hunt! Great relics. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom