Pulled a 14K and My 1st Alpaca Silver Out of My Bag of Tricks!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Going into the Memorial Day Weekend I had planned on either getting a hunt in today or on Monday, I opted for today. This is our famed “Urban Beach Weekend” on Miami Beach and I was going to avoid that like the plague! Plus it has been extremely windy leading to unworkable surf conditions there for me. I opted to take Noxy out and have a wet sand hunt and possibly a bit in the water if conditions allowed. I went to a beach that I had just gone 2 weeks ago. I was hoping that our recent windy conditions may have done some movement that I could take advantage of. When I get to the beach before sunrise the entire wet sand was covered in a about a foot of seaweed! I was upset but decided I was going to work the dry sand until I paid of the toll money it took me to get there. The coins and targets were few and after about an hour I decided to approach the water and work some clear strips of wet sand.

The targets started coming in a relatively short strip that I worked. In the 1st pass of that strip came the bracelet, that as I cleaned, I started to think it may be 10K. Eventually I was able to read “Alpaca” and somewhere in the recesses of my memory I remembered a type of silver called “Alpaca”. (I would later confirm that when I Googled it when I got back to my truck). I did a second pass of the area and kept getting targets – especially some nice nickels. I then headed off to a ritzy hotel that I like to get to but the conditions weren’t the same so I worked my way back and did a 3rd pass of the area. It was then that one of the targets did a jumpy 10-12 signal and as I scooped it up and plopped the pile of sand on the beach and a wave came through exposing the beautiful outline of a white ring! :dingding: I knew that I had scored! I had originally thought “plat” but when I got to the car I read 14K with my glasses - in addition to a date. The blackened silver ring came a short while after. By this time, the tide was coming in so after 3 hours I head home victorious! Funny how I really thought I had a better chance at finding gold the last time I hunted that beach than I did today, it just goes to show.

Thanks to all that have sacrificed for us...

Attachments

• 5-25-19.jpg
    5-25-19.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 362
  • 5-25-19 Gold & Silvers.jpg
    5-25-19 Gold & Silvers.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 357
  • 5-25-19 Gold.jpg
    5-25-19 Gold.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 341
  • 5-25-19 Silver.jpg
    5-25-19 Silver.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 340
  • 20190525_102228.jpg
    20190525_102228.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 319
  • 5-25-16 Fits.jpg
    5-25-16 Fits.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 315
  • Memorial Day.jpg
    Memorial Day.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 320
Nice finds! Surprised you were able to get out... I was kitesurfing while you were hunting lol I'll probably get out on Monday... definitely staying away from Miami lol

Awesome hunt!

Congrats on all of it, first time I've heard that name..

Learned something new, thanks! I looked up Alpaca silver, and Alpaca silver is the same thing as German silver, and nickel silver..

Here is my Alpaca guitar (fun to say):yes:(1928 National)

<°)))>{

Attachments

• tricone28.jpg
    tricone28.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 303
Nice Felix... I'm sending you some bitter apple so you can spray your fingers... I use it to spray things I don't want the dog to chew on... get my drift? :lol:

Nice Felix... I'm sending you some bitter apple so you can spray your fingers... I use it to spray things I don't want the dog to chew on... get my drift? :lol:
Why would your dog want to chew on my fingers? I do a perfectly good job myself! You get my drift? :laughing:

Good day out Felix, Nice piece of Miami gold!!

Nice find's Felix , how's that Go Pro ? I:stormy:
Sitting on the shelf like I know it would. :roll: I will never get into recording hunts so I'm pretty sure it'll never get used by me. Going to sell it to a colleague at work.

Well

I tried :tissue: , i can't blame you, i won't, it most likely would draw attention to your hunting ground's , any way , Felix wish you the best in 2019 , happy hunting, nice find's , Earl

Back
Top Bottom