3 local Cokes

cruiserkev

Elite Member
I was out metal detecting and stumbled onto a glass dump. Glad I had my cut resistant gloves! Lots of broken single pane windows, light bulbs and older milk bottles. These 3 were intact and to my surprise, locally made. Bremerton, Aberdeen and Seattle. 😊

Attachments

• Fotor_152511166425089.jpg
    Fotor_152511166425089.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 587
  • Fotor_152511160511038.jpg
    Fotor_152511160511038.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 587
I believe the middle one is a newer reproduction. The patent date will tell.

I only say that because the newer ones had smaller lettering like yours, and were thinner. Look at the patent dates. Do they all start with D?

Or do you have a Christmas Coke from Dec 25, 1923 or earlier?

I find so many of the ones from the 30's - 50's I leave them underwater now. I would have a basement full. Although I have kept one from my home town.

I think they all are older. The modern repros have a concave bottom and stiples around the perimeter. The dates (two digits) should be on the sides of each bottle near where they bow out. The reason "Wash" is smaller is to fit the long city name above or it may have been made by a different glass company.

Christmas cokes were issued from circa 1923 to 1938 so you have to look at the date on the side to see the actual bottle date.

Scuba, I would grab those cokes you find. Put 'em in wooden 24-cases and the antique gas station crowd buys them for display. I get $50 or so for them in my neck of the woods, even if some of the bottles are repros.

I wish I was finding some Cokes, I'm on a dry spell. :lol:

I think they all are older. The modern repros have a concave bottom and stiples around the perimeter. The dates (two digits) should be on the sides of each bottle near where they bow out. The reason "Wash" is smaller is to fit the long city name above or it may have been made by a different glass company.

Christmas cokes were issued from circa 1923 to 1938 so you have to look at the date on the side to see the actual bottle date.

Scuba, I would grab those cokes you find. Put 'em in wooden 24-cases and the antique gas station crowd buys them for display. I get $50 or so for them in my neck of the woods, even if some of the bottles are repros.

I wish I was finding some Cokes, I'm on a dry spell. :lol:

Maybe I need to bring them all up from the deep? It is crazy how many are down there. In one part of the Detroit river, ALL there was on the bottom were bottles and anchors and a few rocks. Bottles in piles. I pulled up 9 anchors but left a bunch. Out of the bottles I only snagged a case gin. I left all the others.

I have to go back with a hack saw and take a brass prop off an old upside down wood cabin cruiser. Maybe I will spend a few tanks and load the boat up with more bottles and anchors.

There are pipes and cables going across the river to Canada. Anchors get snagged and the boaters can't retrieve them. I probably could sink a boat with a couple of dives just for anchors.

I only pick up Christmas Coke or earlier, 1800's bottles and of course Hutchinson bottles which are my favorite. I could have filled my house with bottles.

Maybe I need to bring them all up from the deep? It is crazy how many are down there. In one part of the Detroit river, ALL there was on the bottom were bottles and anchors and a few rocks. Bottles in piles. I pulled up 9 anchors but left a bunch. Out of the bottles I only snagged a case gin. I left all the others.

Scuba, yer killin' me!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom