First Nox hunt...this is crazy!

Congrats! The Nox has impressed me as well. I just knew I had to get one and see for myself. It was so impressive 2 of my buddies that are die hard Garrett guys both got a Nox. LOL And both have been pleased by what it has shown them. GL&HH.

Congrats! The Nox has impressed me as well. I just knew I had to get one and see for myself. It was so impressive 2 of my buddies that are die hard Garrett guys both got a Nox. LOL And both have been pleased by what it has shown them. GL&HH.

I am really enjoying it, the few hours I have swung it, anyway.
Is it perfect, no, but what detector is?
Way too many targets come in at that short range of mid level numbers.
I love the full 99 number range of my F70 so this is hard to get used to.
There might be a way to differentiate between good and bad targets in that mid range with some accuracy even if the signal isn't great but I have no idea how to do that yet if it is even possible.
It seems to deal with my widespread iron problem pretty well but I have not used it in a ton of different places so far.
There could be conditions where it will cause this thing to totally lie to me, miss or ignore great targets or make it go schizophrenic but that remains to be seen on future hunts in a myriad of different sites.
How is it on jewelry, gold of different shapes and sizes, broken rings or other open loop jewelry and especially chains?
Great I hope, or at least pretty well.
All kinds of other questions too but it is fun learning the answers.

I know it seems to like nickels and high conductive coins and seems to lock on pretty good to them in some challenging conditions.
How bad does it need to get to defeat this thing I don't know but the areas I searched so far are pretty normal and common around here and it seemed to do well.
If all I ever use this for is to cherry pick the high conductive non ferrous targets in sites I guess I could deal with that as long as I can bring other tools along to do the other tasks but I am thinking this won't be the case.
If it can't do it all it can probably do most of what I need it to do...and then there is that go into the water thing which none of my other detectors can deal with.

It is cool, it is different, it is finding me neat stuff pretty easily and others that hunt around here seem impressed with it too.
Tomorrow is hunt number three, I wonder what I will learn on that one?

Back
Top Bottom