Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Find a Hunting Buddy

Old 08-15-2019, 05:06 PM

Default Lost Signal

I dug a kepi buckle the other day and after I dug the buckle - it will not register on the metal detector or the pinpointer probe. Have you ever had that happen? I even ran detector and pinpointer over the hole and that was the only thing in there! So strange.

Old 08-18-2019, 09:49 PM

did you happen to look around for ROD SERLING .

that is really odd for sure....never had anything like that ever happen before .weird

Old 08-19-2019, 04:45 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by bukhtr1 View post
I dug a kepi buckle the other day and after I dug the buckle - it will not register on the metal detector or the pinpointer probe. Have you ever had that happen? I even ran detector and pinpointer over the hole and that was the only thing in there! So strange.
This is the Find a Hunting Buddy section of the forum... You might consider posting this in the General Hobby Discussion section, as it may get more views and responses there.

By the way, after the detector failed to register, did you try the same detector right away on a coin or your wedding ring ? Can't explain why it couldn't be seen by your detector or your pinpointer, unless coincidently they both lost battery power at the same moment.

Jim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett Propointer II, Gray Ghost Headphones, Wilcox 102 digger
~ This message was composed entirely from recycled electrons ~