The highs and lows of Tungsten

Kapi

Forum Supporter
I think I need to start putting my Tungsten rings on Feebay :)

I have a few with diamonds... you never know, I might find someone willing to pay hundreds! It could happen... :laughing:

Might I note: The one that went for $490.00 was USED :laughing:

Of course I might get Mr. El Cheapo buyer too who wants to pay 99 cent!

Attachments

• Tungsten 2.jpg
    Tungsten 2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 375
  • Tungsten 1.jpg
    Tungsten 1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:
Lol that's quite a spread. Just start the bidding at $19 and you won't be disappointed :D

I was going to sell off some this summer since I'll be laid off from work. ;)

Last year I tried to get rid of the "inventory" I accumulated and offered different sizes $20 each on craigslist. Had an inquiry only once. The guy wanted to know WTH Tungsten ring was. I quit the idea after a couple of moths trying.

I thought that was those in the teaching professions favorite time of the year.
Just because I'm "laid off" doesn't mean its not my favorite time of the year! :lol:

Last edited:
Interesting. I guess you never know and I have been very surprised before on items that I thought werent worth even a dime sell for hundreds.
If you got the time, list what you got.

Lol that's quite a spread. Just start the bidding at $19 and you won't be disappointed :D

I was thinking 5 bucks starting bid and 5 bucks shipping that way it at least pays my gas to the beach once :) But it would not hurt trying 19 for starters, worst thing that happens is it does not sell.

Jeez, i ought to try selling a few too!

:) Worth a try I suppose

I was going to sell off some this summer since I'll be laid off from work. ;)

Sorry to hear :(

Hmmmm, I wonder if I can get $490 for a brass ring??? :laughing::?:

Call it treasure and it might happen! :laughing:

The 3 best reasons to be a teacher is June, July, and August

True!

May be worth a try to sell on feebay.

yeah worth a try :)

Last year I tried to get rid of the "inventory" I accumulated and offered different sizes $20 each on craigslist. Had an inquiry only once. The guy wanted to know WTH Tungsten ring was. I quit the idea after a couple of moths trying.

Yeah I found unbranded items are hard to move, but name brand items go quickly like David Yurman or Vera Wang for instance. I don't know if there is such a thing as a name brand Tungsten :laughing: Oh wait, dang I just looked it up and there are! David Yurman titanium and tungsten! UGH! LOL
:laughing:

Interesting. I guess you never know and I have been very surprised before on items that I thought werent worth even a dime sell for hundreds.
If you got the time, list what you got.

Not a bad idea :)

Crazy prices on that stuff when New.

Yeah! INSANE!!

Congrats on the sales Kapi!:clap:

Thanks! But those were not my sales, just sales in random. Only jewelry so far that I could get to move on E-bay was name brand stuff like Vera Wang. But I'm going to list a few Tungsten see what happens.

My high and low on tungsten

A giddy high when is see it among the shells.:wow: Seconds later wen I ID it the high drops like a bag of hammers.:no:

Lol I hear that kapi I also have some good looking rings maybe I will try selling mine as well[emoji2]

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Call me crazy but you couldn't pay me to sell jewelry on ebay. Too many dirtbags who either want to buy your ring to resell, then return it when they can't turn a profit, or even worse...the women who think it's perfectly ok to buy your jewelry to wear to some function with the intention of returning afterwards. People do the same !!!! with coins. We call them "rent a coin dealers" eBay's horrible return policy just invites scumbaggery.

Call me crazy but you couldn't pay me to sell jewelry on ebay. Too many dirtbags who either want to buy your ring to resell, then return it when they can't turn a profit, or even worse...the women who think it's perfectly ok to buy your jewelry to wear to some function with the intention of returning afterwards. People do the same !!!! with coins. We call them "rent a coin dealers" eBay's horrible return policy just invites scumbaggery.

You think ebay's bad, try selling gold rings at a local jewelry or coin store. I had a Tiffany platinum ring and a Cartier gold love ring they would only pay melt for. I ended up going to 3 different stores and got the same quote. Listed both rings on eBay and within a day I had both sold for more than triple their melt value. It's just hard to find local buyers for items like this that are willing to pay what their worth.

You think ebay's bad, try selling gold rings at a local jewelry or coin store. I had a Tiffany platinum ring and a Cartier gold love ring they would only pay melt for. I ended up going to 3 different stores and got the same quote. Listed both rings on eBay and within a day I had both sold for more than triple their melt value. It's just hard to find local buyers for items like this that are willing to pay what their worth.
Agreed. I have had only 1 semi-bad experience - a lady that had buyer's remorse and returned a plat and diamond ring.

Back
Top Bottom