• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

<The Old Beach>

AceGVSU11

Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Forum Supporter
Well I got out of work early yesterday after putting in some long hours earlier in the week. I thought about going golfing but not buddy else wanted to go or couldn't. So I grabbed the ol' water unit and headed to this little drop in the sand for some swing time. :cool:

I had been there before early in the season just after the ice melted and had found a few coins but didn't really go out that deep for fear of my waders leaking! :shock:

I knew there used to be an old beach and bathhouse on the spot I was searching but you'd never know it now. Thank goodness for a little bit of research and talking with the local old timers! ;) I started getting in to the coins pretty quick and there were plenty of targets. Hard digging with some weeds, muck, and a very rocky bottom. It was a good thing though because it kept the targets from completely sinking out of range.

After a few wheat pennies showing up and nearly all coins in the 60s and 50s nickel, I knew there had to be silver... I must have pulled 5 coins from 65 (dimes and quarters). I finally hit a 64 rosie and the day was complete. I had also pulled 2 rings (junk) to that point but was happy. Decided to make a straight line swinging in chest deep water back towards the car so I could go play some pick up ball. Best straight line I ever took as I ran in to this ticket! A gorgeous 14k white gold man's band at 7.8g! :cool: Needless to say I didn't end up going to play basketball haha!

Attachments

• IMG_20120817_194525.jpg
    IMG_20120817_194525.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_20120817_194629.jpg
    IMG_20120817_194629.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_20120817_194817.jpg
    IMG_20120817_194817.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG_20120817_194957.jpg
    IMG_20120817_194957.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 491
That's a really nice looking ring. I hope it belonged to that BMW driver that owns the road I drive on. (I always hope my gold came from one of those drivers)
HH BH

Well your an all around kinda guy huh ace? :laughing: damn! B-ball , golf, and finally the trusty ol water unit! That's great that you are so active I can't wait to find some gold in chest deep water! Happy hunting!

Pretty, pretty gold ring!! Congrats. You deserve it after that junker of a bracelet you found, and just in time for the meeting on Tue. LOL : ) Good luck on future hunts.

Awesome job man! great research and work! efforts certainly paid off,,,,wouldn't tell your buddy,,,he mayh sell his golf clubs and get a machine,,,:laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom