<Silver Old & Gold>

AceGVSU11

Sponsor
Forum Sponsor
Forum Supporter
Headed out Sunday and made a day of it. Started at 8am and didn't get done until 9pm! We had planned to do a bit of everystyle detecting for the day starting with relic hunting at the WII POW camp. That quickly changed though because the field had been planted with beans already so we moved on to do some coin shooting. Hit a few houses and pulled up some wheaties but couldn't find the silver....

By lunch time we were ready to set sail and cruise the lake. We had some spots mapped out that used to be old hotels and resorts back in the early 1900s. We raised the pirate flag to our ship and off we went to salvage lost treasure. Picked up some more wheaties and odds and ends including a small harmonica that still worked at the first swim hole that once had a giant water slid. Moved locations across the lake to an old jewish girls camp. Pulled up an 1895 IH penny along with some more wheaties... I joked to my buddies that I bet no one finds a religious catholic cross here... well right after my buddy found a small 925 earring, I hit a signal and what do I see in the scoop!? SILVER JESUS! CAN I GET AN AMEN!?!

Moved to one more spot and the captain said, "no worries boys, there be silver and gold here" Long story short... shin deep water produced this peice of booty!! 10k in the treasure chest!! I still have to weigh it but it feels like 3g or so... Good day pirating! :yes:

Attachments

• CAM00272.jpg
    CAM00272.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 540
  • CAM00273.jpg
    CAM00273.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 542
  • CAM00274.jpg
    CAM00274.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 542
  • CAM00275.jpg
    CAM00275.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 543
Nice job on the gold and indian... man you dug a lot of junk... humans sure are slobs :lol:

Congrats on some more nice additions to that treasure chest of yours. : ) It sounds like you really earned the goodies putting in that LONG day. Good luck on future hunts.

Nice finds, looks like an old gartet strap snap to the far left in the picture with the car.

Thanks all! I am glad I took a shot of all the trash because many people think this hobby is all glamorous... and if they ask I tell them yes it is... hoping they go out and clean up more trash for me haha!

The pendant weighed in at 1.4g and the 10k ring came up short weighing 2.0g but nobody over here is complaining! ;) May we all find yeller next time out! :cheers3:

Great catch on the gold. Thanks for showing the other targets. It shows how many times we dig for something. I think you would agree that many times we dig that many targets and get NADA. Reality. :D

Great catch on the gold. Thanks for showing the other targets. It shows how many times we dig for something. I think you would agree that many times we dig that many targets and get NADA. Reality. :D

With trash comes treasure as we know though! This was also my first gold with my be that i picked up from dogpound so thanks dogpound for not using all the magic out of it!

Back
Top Bottom