When you get your Simplex

ghound

Elite Member
Some folk in the UK are having issues with the coils going beserk when wet, Nokta are replacing them, so worth testing it out as soon as you open the box.

Thanks for the heads up.
Are the simplex coils interchangeable with the amfibio/kruzer coils?

Are the simplex coils interchangeable with the amfibio/kruzer coils?... No, they are not interchangeable.

The Simplex+ currently only has one coil, the stock 11" DD. They will announce when they make a 2nd or 3rd accessory coil for it.

The Simplex+ operates at 12 kHz and none of the other popular recreational metal detectors from Nokta / Makro use that frequency so, for no, we are limited to the standard 11" DD coil.

Monte

Hello all... just wanted to chime in ...none of those coils have shipped to USA. As much as the issue we had is trying to be magnified for whatever reason, we have nothing to hide or more importantly there is not even 1 customer, regardless of where they are in the world, that we will not stand behind. Although this issue has nothing to do with US customers, I still wanted to put your minds at ease.

Hello all... just wanted to chime in ...none of those coils have shipped to USA. As much as the issue we had is trying to be magnified for whatever reason, we have nothing to hide or more importantly there is not even 1 customer, regardless of where they are in the world, that we will not stand behind. Although this issue has nothing to do with US customers, I still wanted to put your minds at ease.

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in here. I have dealt with Nokta/Makro several times and I have found then to be very responsive to my needs. When I had a coil go bad on my original racer model all it took was one email and in less than 4 days I had a new coil in my hands and this was delivered from Turkey! I would have absolutely no hesitation buying a new detector or any products from this company as the do truly stand behind their products.

Hello all... just wanted to chime in ...none of those coils have shipped to USA. As much as the issue we had is trying to be magnified for whatever reason,.

Here is one reason, there are probably a lot of people bent out of shape after paying $600 for a waterproof detector and you guys come along and sell one for half the price. I'm a little miffed about it myself.
If you put out a $50 waterproof pinpointer, I'm really going to get mad.

That's good to hear because I pre-ordered one already.

Why wait?

a little hint. Larger dealers don't necessarily get more units of a new release of a new detector from Minelab or Nokta.

So find the smallest dealer you can and call them. They don't have a big customer list or waiting list.

I did that with the Nox 800 and got mine in 3 days when there was a six month waiting list at the larger dealers.

Same goes for the Simplex, called around to small dealers and found one who had two basic units in stock WO headphones. Will get mine this thursday.

Here is one reason, there are probably a lot of people bent out of shape after paying $600 for a waterproof detector and you guys come along and sell one for half the price. I'm a little miffed about it myself.

Knowing what I know now, had the Simplex+ been available in March 2018 when I received my Nox 800 I may have been miffed also.

Getting my Simplex+ this thur, so will wait til I have some good hunting hours on the Simplex+ before I make a judgement on the Simplex+ as a good backup detector to my 800. As we all know a specific make and model does not always fit everyone's specific hunting needs.

Knowing what I know now, had the Simplex+ been available in March 2018 when I received my Nox 800 I may have been miffed also.

Getting my Simplex+ this thur, so will wait til I have some good hunting hours on the Simplex+ before I make a judgement on the Simplex+ as a good backup detector to my 800. As we all know a specific make and model does not always fit everyone's specific hunting needs.

Good for you maxxkatt..I doubt the simplex would replace your nox800 but I'll bet you'll enjoy it as a new machine.

I doubt there are many upset 600 users since it works in saltwater! I bet the simplex has a hard time with that.
Besides if you call a sponsor you get a 600 for prob $500.
The 600 is a Corvette and Simplex a Chevette:lol:

Back
Top Bottom