Worth it or not?

Mistersippi

So I went through a bottle dump yesterday and picked out about 20 bottles I liked. There was an over abundance of this one certain bottle. I believe they are 1940s-1950s beer bottles. I’m probably underestimating but there is about a 1000 of them or so. I saw a couple online going for about $10 a piece. Now we all know how it goes with the online “asking” prices and determining the value of certain items like this. With that being said I feel these bottles would be worth at the minimum 50 cents to $1 each. I’m curious what you guys think about collecting all these bottles and selling them online. If so how would you go about it? Sell in large quantities, one at a time, estimated price, ect.? In the pictures you can only see a small portion of a large area covered with these bottles. Should I put a little work in and earn a buck or just leave it be?

Attachments

• 3152B922-05D5-4D51-B157-3FE0B7694FB2.jpg
    3152B922-05D5-4D51-B157-3FE0B7694FB2.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 680
  • D54AC335-245B-4098-996E-8A3A9BD9A4BA.jpg
    D54AC335-245B-4098-996E-8A3A9BD9A4BA.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 671
  • 239D2734-5376-4F6F-94E5-7552EE90A785.jpg
    239D2734-5376-4F6F-94E5-7552EE90A785.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 675
Here's the deal with selling antique/vintage, list one, worth $10, list a hundred, and no value perceived due to the quantity listed, Don't list more than 2-3 at a time for a dollar less than the lowest selling, clean up on volume over time. That's how bottle dumps work, might find one or a hundred if a person was brand loyal, I did the same thing as a kid when I collected rare beer cans, I'd find a slew in one dump, but only let them go one at a time. Rarity = value, flood the market, lose value.

Here's the deal with selling antique/vintage, list one, worth $10, list a hundred, and no value perceived due to the quantity listed, Don't list more than 2-3 at a time for a dollar less than the lowest selling, clean up on volume over time. That's how bottle dumps work, might find one or a hundred if a person was brand loyal, I did the same thing as a kid when I collected rare beer cans, I'd find a slew in one dump, but only let them go one at a time. Rarity = value, flood the market, lose value.

Very true coin pirate! I’m glad you chimed in as I feel like that is great advice!

So I went through a bottle dump yesterday and picked out about 20 bottles I liked. There was an over abundance of this one certain bottle. I believe they are 1940s-1950s beer bottles. I’m probably underestimating but there is about a 1000 of them or so. I saw a couple online going for about $10 a piece. Now we all know how it goes with the online “asking” prices and determining the value of certain items like this. With that being said I feel these bottles would be worth at the minimum 50 cents to $1 each. I’m curious what you guys think about collecting all these bottles and selling them online. If so how would you go about it? Sell in large quantities, one at a time, estimated price, ect.? In the pictures you can only see a small portion of a large area covered with these bottles. Should I put a little work in and earn a buck or just leave it be?

Use the "sold" filter on ebay to see what they actually sell for and not what people ask.

Not sure exact age, but looks like a Strohs Beer Bottle minus the label, similar ones sold at around 4+ dollars, but not very many, Might consider selling 10 or so at a time, might get a crafter to buy them.

picture.php

edit; 1960's-1970's, still 50 to 60 yrs old

Use the "sold" filter on ebay to see what they actually sell for and not what people ask.

I’ll see if I can find any examples. Thanks ToySoldier.

I think thats a common beer bottle from the 1960s. Not worth much.

I’m not sure it could be but I will say out of about a hundred bottles I was able to ID not one of them was past 1950s in the whole bottle dump. Also I know they aren’t worth a lot I was just thinking with the quantity there is it could still produce a good amount of money.

Not sure exact age, but looks like a Strohs Beer Bottle minus the label, similar ones sold at around 4+ dollars, but not very many, Might consider selling 10 or so at a time, might get a crafter to buy them.

picture.php

edit; 1960's-1970's, still 50 to 60 yrs old

That is the same bottle it appears but it’s weird out of all the bottles not one has any remnants of the sticker. Thankyou again coin pirate!

Back
Top Bottom