Nox 800 “rest”

I purchased my Nox in January of this year. I maintain it will and don’t drop or use it as a crutch. My “rest” under the Velcro strap that keeps it upright when setting down, split down the middle. I have seen replacements online from Australia for $50+. I can’t see why an expensive piece of equipment doesn’t have better parts. I have emailed and called Minelab but no response. So I’m wondering what size PVC pipes do I need to replace it with? Also do the 3D printer models on EBay work any better? UGH

Exact replacements are available from many US dealers and Amazon for around $20 if you don't hear back from Minelab. Something keeps nagging at my brain that says Minelab doesn't warranty the arm rests.

I have owned 5 Equinox detectors and have treated them poorly at times. No problems so far with the armrests with over 7,000 hours on two of them except for the foam padding wearing out which is something else Minelab won't warranty.

If you buy as OEM replacement, be careful making sure that it goes together easily and that the screw is not overtightened or forced. I did have to remove a little burr on the bottom half of one of the arm cuffs where the upper and lower parts of the cuff meet that made it not quite fit together properly.

I purchased the one from Amazon that JimR recommended, It arrived yesterday and it’s on the handle. So far I have no complaints, no response yet from ML ye. I also realize that this is an external part.

Could this cracking be from the plastic fitment? I just got my EQ800 Saturday and the arm cuff assembly was tight fitting. If I wasn't worried about voiding the warranty I would dremel the tolerances a little. It felt like a lot of resistance tightening the bottom screw.

Broken Armrest

Mine broke. There's a old Bounty Hunter in my bone yard that I used to replace the broken one on my NOX. It's still holding up.
HH everyone

I had an armrest break on me and tried several methods to repair the broken one after it was replaced. They didn’t ask for the broken pieces to be returned so I had nothing to lose. The ONLY thing that effectively repaired the rest to reliably usable condition was a hot stapler. They’re used in auto body repair to fix cracks in plastic car body panels. It heats up a small wire staple to glowing hot and you push it into the cracked plastic. The wire cools immediately and the result is the plastic is melted and fused together while reinforced with the wires. It’s quite handy and inexpensive from Amazon.

Made my own!

The one that I purchased did not like salt water. I think this will work in that environment. I’m sure others have made this in the past.

D3A4CC46-313E-457D-97F0-42C589E34657.jpeg

181BEA37-AA1D-479E-A655-45A9BFAF1004.jpg

135 hunts in... 8 1/2 months old.. nox 800 mine broke/cracked yesterday right down the middle... waiting on response. Still hunted today..lol..but not fun.

135 is good. Most do not last that long.

Also definitely NOT getting the great support members have mentioned from minelab... No response to email ...transferred from live person to a line when I tried to call left message this morning... no response...

Used silver duct tape today... working for now...

Are all or most of y'all with broken arm cuffs using the straps? I never use mine and never broke any cuffs. Just asking'.

Back
Top Bottom