• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Quick question for CTX owners.

Zofchak

Somehow I have once again misplaced the factory USB/Mini USB cable that is used to charge my wireless headphone adapter. Could someone with a CTX tell me if there is any lettering on the cable of their cable, and if so, what it says?

I ask as I have a pile of USB cables, but have had charging issues in the past if I used one other than the factory cable. I need to label the darn thing so I don't confuse them again, but first I have to find it! :lol: Thanks.

Don't know if this helps, but the one I have from Minelab is black and it says this on the side of the cable:

"AWM 2464 E238824 VW-1 80ºC 300V 24AWG HUTAI CRU"

The black one is the one you need (the old style USB plug)
The white cord is typical size used now on most phones and chargeable items..
Hope this helps
8c762119d8e4c2ea8ebe1403cb9f34ac.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your replies. I think I found the stock cable among my tangle of wires as it says something similar to what Sandgroper's does.

The issue I was having with non-stock cables was that I was not getting a full charge to the wireless module. I'd get out into a field with what I thought was a fully charged machine and the battery on the module would die 30 minutes later. I actually sent it in to Minelab thinking it was faulty, but they contacted me and said that I had included the wrong cable. Apparently some aftermarket mini-USB cords won't allow the battery to fully charge no matter how long it's left plugged in.

Perhaps try using a standard 3' length cable along with a charging block that has an output of >2 amps. Most charging blocks put out around 1 amp or less and lack that "oomph" to charge certain electronics.

Perhaps try using a standard 3' length cable along with a charging block that has an output of >2 amps. Most charging blocks put out around 1 amp or less and lack that "oomph" to charge certain electronics.

This is what I came to say.

Back
Top Bottom