Think this might be a 1700s scabbard tip! Awesome military relic!

Attachments

• DSC00329.JPG
    DSC00329.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 286
Incredible find! Super congrats on a real oldie!
Thanks ! The age is awesome for the area!

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat find.
Thanks!

Incredible find! I have not seen many of those dug around on any of the forums, so congrats to you!
Kinda strange because my hunting friend 51 found the 1682 2 reales, the only year they put that reverse crowned CARLOS monogram design other than the pretender. Thanks!

Beautiful!!!
Thanks! Kool looking coin!

very nice find Scott, thats the kind of stuff we dream about. big congrats to ya bud.
Thanks Terry Was thinking of having it slabbed and have then remove the dirt. From what info that I gather about the archduke (Issued during the Wars of Spanish Succession, when Archduke Charles, the future Emperor (1711-40) claimed the Spanish throne as Charles III. In 1706, the Austrians invaded Northern Italy and entered Milan, ending he Spanish rule there. This edict of 31 August, 1708 is an attempt to regulate the currency, eliminate the flight of Milanese gold and silver coins through black market foreign exchange, and set the rate of the new Milanese money against seventeen other foreign currencies ) they were made for black market foreign trade. THANKS Everyone!!

Went over to my hunting friends house this afternoon tried to go out for a hunt but got rained on and didnt find much. the only thing that I found was a 1700s key hole but left it in his truck. Anyways, asked him to get his CARLOS monogram 2 reales coin, we didn't know about the pretender coin in the past and it was kinda real neat to see that he had found the 1714 pretender about 15 years ago and I still remember him digging it up. What's the odds of both of us finding a pretender!!!! ....HH.... 401K

Attachments

• DSC00330.JPG
    DSC00330.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 268
  • DSC00335.JPG
    DSC00335.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 256
Back
Top Bottom