*UPDATE* Not one, but two knives!

Donneybrook

Elite Member
I metal detected for roughly 3 hours today and found not one, but two knives from the soldier encampment! I included my other knife i found a few months back in the photo as well. Also pictured are a probable pistol ball, iron ring (probably from a horse bridle), a buckle (probably from a horse sadle) and a tiny clip of some sort.

UPDATE in post 17! Out of electrolysis!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 424
Cool! They look like Mess knives. I'm not sure about the "pistol ball" as it lacks patina but in Florida maybe the soil varies. Looks like a fun day out diggin!!

Yeah the patina is strange which makes me think it might not be. But then again the very first bullet i found (little guy from a buck and ball) had no patina either.

Thanks everyone! It had rained for several hours that day which brought in some 60 degree weather which made all the skeeters go into hiding which I took advantage of!

Great relics! If only they could talk. Keep pulling them out. GL and HH. Matt

Oh I know! It's so cool to think about the fact that 175 years back some soldier was sitting around some campfire, deep in the Florida terrain, cutting his food with this knife! Unreal!

The first knife is out of electrolysis! Looking good!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 224
Back
Top Bottom